Tires in calgary

Talrum

:
03.5 MSP Blazing Mica Yellow
Anyone know a good place to get tires in calgary? I need replacments for my potenza's 215 45ZR17. any help would be appreciated.

FunkyBuddha said:
what kind of tires?

Ultra High performance summer, ultra high performance all season, ...actually I ve narrowed it down to:

Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D3
Dunlop SP Sport MAXX
Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2
Pirelli PZero Nero M&S

any suggestions....Im replaceing my stock potenza RE40

thanx

I just got Falken FK-451's, Love them haven't lost traction yet :)

Talrum said:
Ultra High performance summer, ultra high performance all season, ...actually I ve narrowed it down to:

Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D3
Dunlop SP Sport MAXX
Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2
Pirelli PZero Nero M&S

any suggestions....Im replaceing my stock potenza RE40

thanx

I actually decided on General Tire Exclaim UHP, 215 45R17. I heard alot of good things about these so i decided to give them a try...pretty hceap too.

Gettin them put on this afternoon. cant wait~

I love the Generals, compared to the potenza's they are more quite, more comfortale ride, and handle jsut as well, and much better when wet. Im really impressed and for 619 for four iinstalled its a grea price.

Still waiting on the AFC.. should be here soon,,,u?

Funky, i think i saw you on Macleod today heading out of downtown.....~

AFC is supposed to ship tomorrow. I'll put mine in as soon as I get it, and then I can help u with the install if u want since I'll know how from my car.

Hey nick, your car sounds sweet. Just in case you ddint know that was me you were driving along side on john Laurie Monday night around 10:45pm.

i got my afc yesterday....i am clueless about this thing. You should get your next week i assume.

LMk how it goes..~

Dennis

Ya man, totally knew that was u. You could hear the BOV through your windows? LOL! Mine will be here next week, so I will install it and then help u with yours if u want... Who you getting to tune yours? I'm going RCTS

Here's what I did when I had to buy snow tires for my RX8. I noticed that after looking at 5 different shops that their prices were all within $12 per tire.

I went out to a shop in the industrial park that normally only deals with heavy trucks (semi's) I ordered my tires from then for almost 24% less.

Winter Tires in Calgary

I need to put some winter tires on my pro5 (first winter with the car). anyone have any suggestions, good tires at a good price? If you have any comments on tires you've used in the past or want to try, please post. Thanks alot!

nu2mep5 said:
I need to put some winter tires on my pro5 (first winter with the car). anyone have any suggestions, good tires at a good price? If you have any comments on tires you've used in the past or want to try, please post. Thanks alot!

I use blizzak LM22's

It's a good tire for Calgary in that when you have a climate that goes back and forth from ice to clear you need a tire that will last. You give up some traction to some of the other tires you can get but I'm now going on my 3rd season with these and they are still in great shape.

For more info go here:

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/index.jsp

rotten42 said:
I use blizzak LM22's

It's a good tire for Calgary in that when you have a climate that goes back and forth from ice to clear you need a tire that will last. You give up some traction to some of the other tires you can get but I'm now going on my 3rd season with these and they are still in great shape.

For more info go here:

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/index.jsp

Nokian WRs rock for winter. Not cheap, but as good a traction in the snow and wet as anything I have encountered, and a wearout warranty! Kal Tire has them. They are good in the summer too, but you definitely give up some lateral grip over a summer biased performance all season or a full on performance summer tire.

Back