Tire size!!

totty

will a 245/40/17 fit on a 03.5 msp?

i am wanting to upgrade and i am wondering if anyone has any opinions?

also looking at the 235/40/17

Scapamouche i think had 225-45-17 Azenis' on the car for auto-x and they rubbed bad if i remember correctly.

I would highly doubt the 235 or 245's would fit.

Sorry.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass mod, but we are trying to clean up all the forums to make it easier to search for items, and less cluttered. In the future, please post in the appropriate forum...example - Intakes, dispite being for the Mazdaspeed, belong in the performance section. Buying a carbon fiber hood for your Mazdaspeed belongs in the Appearance section. If you raced someone in your Mazdaspeed it still belongs in the Racing/Motorsports section. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints, feel free to PM me at any time.

Thanks again for your patience as we clear up the forums to make it better for you!

Zoom zooming to the rims/tires section

The 225/45 Azenis rub mostly because they are too tall.

If you got a 17x8" rim and tried a 235/40/17 ... it might fit because it's not much taller than stock size if at all. But a 17x8 rim is going to be a really really tight fit and you will be lucky to have it not rub anything.

235/40/17s will most definately rub on stock wheels. I had shaved 225/45/17s on and they rubbed on the inside engine shroud on the low outside tread during hard turning.

Now that dosn't mean you can drive around all day with 235/40/17s on... but I'd have a 17x8 wheel with about a 15mm less offset to make sure. The reason us autocrossers get rubbing is because we're either using stock wheels or have to stay within a very specific offset measurement.

Go for it and let us know.

I have the 225/45/17 Azenis on stock MSP wheels and they rub on the rear splash shields and front splash shield during full lock turning.
I just cut out the section of the splash shield that was rubbing with an exacto knife and no problem since. It is only about a 2x6in section.

Do you autocross? The real problem comes from hard turning under really hard suspension compression. 225/45s are fitting fine in the front for me... but because of how well that car turns I'm not sure I want to replace the 205/40s in the rear.

RazorP5 said:
Sorry to be a pain in the ass mod, but we are trying to clean up all the forums to make it easier to search for items, and less cluttered. In the future, please post in the appropriate forum...example - Intakes, dispite being for the Mazdaspeed, belong in the performance section. Buying a carbon fiber hood for your Mazdaspeed belongs in the Appearance section. If you raced someone in your Mazdaspeed it still belongs in the Racing/Motorsports section. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints, feel free to PM me at any time.

Thanks again for your patience as we clear up the forums to make it better for you!

Zoom zooming to the rims/tires section

So what does go in this section? Isn't everything about appearance, performance, or racing?

Back