Tire Size Question

egartin

Getting ready to replace the wonderful Turanzas on my cx-7. I picked out a couple of tires.
The ones I found are in sizes 235/65-18, 255/55-18 and 255/60-18.

What size does anyone recommend?

Thanks,

Eric

You want to stay as close as possible to the circumference of the originals. I go to www.tirerack.com and compare the circumference of the tires you are considering. Some on this NG seem to want to go wider so you might consider a 255-XX-18. I prefer to stay with the original size as the best compromise for my driving. Ed

I have some Falken Ziex tires for SUV's and they're great, I cannot comment on tread life but these things rock, I have them in 255/55, Look at the Continental CrossContact UHP, General Grabber UHP, Kumho Ecsta STX, and maybe the Eagle ResponseEdge tire, just make sure they're balanced right.

I have been looking at the Cooper CS4 Touring, Discover H/T Plus and the Zeon XST. I know they are all Cooper's but in my 20 years of Tire buying Cooper makes a great tire.

Well, if you want something that's for touring driving by all means go with whatever you want, if you're looking for a UHP go with the ones above.

Yeah, 14 choices on tirerack, most of them are crap, not a big selection.
255/55 has way more.

Last edited:
I have some Falken Ziex tires for SUV's and they're great, I cannot comment on tread life but these things rock, I have them in 255/55, Look at the Continental CrossContact UHP, General Grabber UHP, Kumho Ecsta STX, and maybe the Eagle ResponseEdge tire, just make sure they're balanced right.

Thanks, I like the Continental CrossContact UHP and General Grabber UHP. I saw the Generals on a friend's Mercedes SUV and they look good.

I had the CrossContact, those are excellent as well. Either way you go it's a win. General is owned by Continental if I recall.

I got the cooper zeon xst 255/55/18 and love them
MazdaCX7018.jpg

MazdaCX7010.jpg

FYI
General Grabber UHP develops major road noise after 6 months, I had a mercedes dealer using these in LA and he ended up replacing with Pirelli/Michelin

Try the scorpion zero, the tire in this size is also OEM on the older porsche cayenne so the tire can handle speed and is good in winter weather

Back