tire size for 17x7.5's?

capnsavem

Contributor
:
'03 Protege 5
i got the Rota D2's from Rishie that are 17x7.5 w/ a +48 offset, and i'm trying to get as much info as i can on tire size for these.

i know i want to go with 45's, but i have 2 issues regarding width.

1. i have major potholes in my area,

2. rubbing is always a concern.

so i basically want the widest possible without rubbing

**p.s. i have my rear fenders rolled slightly**

thanks guys and dolls.

I wouldn't get 215/45's, mine rub with passengers in the back over bumps(same offset and size wheel). Check the overall width of 205/45s and 215/40s and pick the one you feel comfortable with. Also make sure the 205's will fit on 7.5" wheels.

a 215/40 would be a better size, but he already said he wanted to run a 45 series. So 215 would probably be the widest he could go without a lot of rubbing

yeah, i think 40's wouldnt give me enough rubber, and potholes would own me.

not only that, my car is scary low with the kit and all, and 45's would give me that ever-so-slight lift that i need to clear speedbumps, driveways, etc

:)

it's looking like 215/45's will be the way to go. thanks for the input!

capnsavem said:
yeah, i think 40's wouldnt give me enough rubber, and potholes would own me.

not only that, my car is scary low with the kit and all, and 45's would give me that ever-so-slight lift that i need to clear speedbumps, driveways, etc

:)

it's looking like 215/45's will be the way to go. thanks for the input!

Yea I think you'd be okay, what with the fender rolling and whatnot. I ran that tire size on a 7" wheel and had no problems (after rolling fender). You have to watch out some, but overall not too bad... not like some cars, heh.

Roll your rear fenders as much as possible. P5s have less room than sedans...

Goodluck

I have 215/45/17...but i rub a little in the front taking sharp turns. Just havent gotten around to fixing it yet. Otherwise, tires look nice and meaty

hey,

I have 215/40R17 on 17x7.5" wit ha +45mm offset. Lowered apprx 1.5-2 inchs. no rubbing whatsoever even fully loaded with 5 people.

matt

yea i used to have 40's on my subzeros but it just wasnt enough tire for me, i felt EVERYTHING on the road...but with my 45's, it feels close to stock(ride quality wise)

Back