Tire Rotation?

Smiley2010

:
Mazda 3, GS W/Comfort Package 2010
Hi guys,

I'm going in for my second oil change. Odometer is currently reading 10500kms. My first oil change was done somewhere in northern Cali, while on my road trip from Vancouver, BC to SF, CA. And according to the little sticker I am due for my second one.

The Mazda dealer guys said that Mazda Canada recommends tire rotations every 8000kms. Is this worth it?

Normally on my cars I don't do tire rotations very often if ever. I know its better for tire wear and all that but it never seemed like a sound investment. Full set of tires cost somewhere around 700$ or so I guess and doing a tire roation for 20 bucks didn't seem that big of a deal.

Anyways, any thoughts on the 8k tire roation? Yay/Nay. Wondering if the new car aspect changes anything. (eek2)

Thanks for your thoughts!

Even though it's been said "rotate your tires with every oil change", I usually do it every other oil change, sometimes longer... I'm actually due to rotate mine, it's been a while :)

Just keep an eye on your tread, if you see the front has noticeably more ware than the back... go ahead rotate 'em. You'll be fine.

Last edited:
i do mine very 7500 (or will) whether it looks like they need it or not. a routine schedule will keep them balanced (no pun) and in check.

my tires rotate every time i drive the car.

har har

but seriously, I'll do mine every 2 oil changes (10k miles)

Just had mine rotated at 4500 and Discount rep said every 3500 per the way I drive. Fronts showed signs of needing to be rotated. Originals tire probably are not the best wearing tires available.

I follow the everyother oil change rule. Since I change every 3000 miles, 6K miles is my rotation number. Might be a lil overactive on the mileage, but I like to keep treadwear as close as possible. I'd say no more then every 10K tho. I've heard a lot of stock Mazda tires barely making it to 25K miles (cough cough RX-8).

if i remember correctly, the manual recommends rotation every 5K miles or so. that's what i will be doing.

Just a quick update, I had my tires rotated. Had 10500kms on the car.

The dealer told me that front tires were at 7/10ths and rear were at 8/10ths tread.

Back