Tire Rack Closing out Hankooks

Thanks I just installed te 225/40/18 on my car few weeks ago. Thanks to your link, ordered up another set.

Awesome deal! Do these have "rim protector" design?

What size to get... Anyone know which of these rub (would prefer taller sidewall, if possible)?
215/40ZR18 89Y
215/45ZR18 93Y
225/40ZR18 92Y
225/45ZR18 95Y
235/40ZR18 95Y

Thanks I just installed te 225/40/18 on my car few weeks ago. Thanks to your link, ordered up another set.

I see some review say that tires only laster 16k miles, that seems super short for a set, can you confirm that they have such a short life span?

Bad experience with Hankook for me. I have Hankook Optimo H727, it was great for the first 15K, it now makes my other mazda skids all over the place with just wet/misty condition. I begin to realize Tirerack consumer reviews are mostly for the initial reviews. I have my eyes set on Cooper Ultra Touring for the 5.

I see some review say that tires only laster 16k miles, that seems super short for a set, can you confirm that they have such a short life span?

I have about 1200 miles on my set so far.

Given all my other cars tires last 5-7K, if these last 16K I would be happy. However from my experience that friends who have it, they are seeing much more htan 16, but honestly I can't confirm personally

Bad experience with Hankook for me. I have Hankook Optimo H727, it was great for the first 15K, it now makes my other mazda skids all over the place with just wet/misty condition. I begin to realize Tirerack consumer reviews are mostly for the initial reviews. I have my eyes set on Cooper Ultra Touring for the 5.

Not all tires are created equal. Most of the Toyos are garbage. However, the R888 I run on two cars are fantastic. Same goes for Hankook.

Didn't realize this tire have a very low UTQG rating. They seem to be great budget grippy tires but short-er on lifespan. This car will never experience ultimate grip so I'd rather compromise for something a little longer lasting.

I have about 1200 miles on my set so far.

Given all my other cars tires last 5-7K, if these last 16K I would be happy. However from my experience that friends who have it, they are seeing much more htan 16, but honestly I can't confirm personally

Wow, are you racing? I'm still on stock Toyo tires and at 29k miles now and still have about 50% more to go.

^^^
Try Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum...
HELL NO (I can say that and back it up)! :D My car came with pretty good condition LX Platinum (~8/32) and PO was a non-aggressive suburban woman driver. I will say these are pretty good long last tires, are pretty quiet overall, and wore evenly, BUT one tire developed a huge bubble and left me stranded in the Shenandoah mountains. This was back when I was the primary driver and no I did not hit any unseen objects that could have caused it. These are well suited for point A – B. They do not provide enough traction (braking) for my liking.

I’ve had Kumho Ecsta Supra, 4X, PA31, and LX. The PA31 is where it is at for a balanced tire.

Last edited:
Wow, are you racing? I'm still on stock Toyo tires and at 29k miles now and still have about 50% more to go.

Not racing the Mazda 5, but otherwise, yes racing.

Even non racing, my Yoko A048/A050 and Toyo 888 don't last very long.

Years ago the Falken Azenis used to last a bit more.

Tires are like women, different purposes for each one...thus different use of life and wear rating.

Last edited:
HELL NO (I can say that and back it up)! :D My car came with pretty good condition LX Platinum (~8/32) and PO was a non-aggressive suburban woman driver. I will say these are pretty good long last tires, are pretty quiet overall, and wore evenly, BUT one tire developed a huge bubble and left me stranded in the Shenandoah mountains. This was back when I was the primary driver and no I did not hit any unseen objects that could have caused it. These are well suited for point A – B. They do not provide enough traction (braking) for my liking.

I’ve had Kumho Ecsta Supra, 4X, PA31, and LX. The PA31 is where it is at for a balanced tire.

Hey some people drive the 5 like a Buick :p

I had a Kumho XS in the past, nothing else. Hear good things.

At $59 a tire I am almost tempted to pick these up. This is about half of what price range I shopped in for the car. Other forums report these are great tires. Sticky and quiet.

I was all set to get a set of 215/50/17 then added in shipping and import charges. cheaper to buy the same tire at full price here. Went from 69 bucks a tire to 154. Ouch!

I was all set to get a set of 215/50/17 then added in shipping and import charges. cheaper to buy the same tire at full price here. Went from 69 bucks a tire to 154. Ouch!

Yes that is rough. I am about an hour away from them.

Back