tire air pressure

Closedknuckle

:
Mazda 2
So, the door jam say 32 front, 35 rear (I think, lol), Tire sidewall says max of 51. What do you guys use for tire pressure on your Mazda 2?
Thanks,
John

I thought mine were 31 front 29 rear. My winters are 35 front 33 rear. I'll look it up later. For Autocross 34-35 all around on the Advan AD08s seems good.

i run 40 all around for MPG purposes. The roads in my neck of the woods (with the exception of construction zones) are pretty stellar.

The sticker on my door frame says 32 psi front...30 psi back...and that is what I run. I figure the Mazda engineers have a pretty good feel for the balance point between fuel mileage/tire wear....and ride comfort.

So my TPMS light went on last week due to the sub zero temps. I looked at my door jam, and the sticker in the door jam is BLANK. I should just read my manual I guess but is it 32psi for the tires?

I run in the 38-39 range, and a bit more on long trips. Also depends on your driving style and camber settings. If you're not running much camber and your tires are showing wear past the shoulder tread blocks then you'll want to run a bit more air. On the other hand, if you're seeing more wear in the center vs the shoulder edge you should run less psi (though mpg will suffer a tad).

Never go by what the tire says, that is always the Max pressure. Air pressures are set by the Manufacturer based on many factors including GVWR so always fill your tires by the door jamb sticker.

Never go by what the tire says, that is always the Max pressure. Air pressures are set by the Manufacturer based on many factors including GVWR so always fill your tires by the door jamb sticker.

Unless you have a non-stock size.

There is a book somewhere that has a nifty chart of GWVR, tire size, weight rating, and then suggested psi... I've just never seen it- only heard of it through mechanics.

50 psi all around for fuel economy, unless I'm going on a date or something, then its door jamb for comfort.

I just run 40 all of the time. Except when autocrossing, but that is a whole different story.

50 psi all around for fuel economy, unless I'm going on a date or something, then its door jamb for comfort.

You'll wear the center of your tires REAL fast like that.

Cheap and easy way to determine good pressures: IR thermometer after a typical drive. Measure across the tire and you'll want the inside to be a few degrees hotter but you don't want a spread of more than 20 degrees across the entire tire. If you do you can adjust tire pressure or alignment to correct this.

You'll wear the center of your tires REAL fast like that.

no problems after just about 30,000 miles. I did about 3 or 4 autocross events on these tires before i got my rivals though, so they wore pretty fast. Hopefully i can get to about 35,000 miles on them.

I run at 35 psi cold all around. I daren't pump them up more than that because it does compromise the 2's already bouncy ride and the roads where I live SUCK. I still manage between 32-40 MPG-US though, depending on how aggressively I drive or if it's a Monday.

50??? That's gotta be a harsh ride, especially when you hit a pothole.

I usually run 40 front, 38 back. I really like the stock tires. They never seem to lose any air &
I've taken them on many gravel forest roads now & never a flat. That's saying something because I was
the king of flat tires.

I was thinking of getting the Yokohama Avid Ascends to replace mine which are almost worn. The stock tires
are too expensive. Hopefully they are similar.

Latest posts

Back