Tips on removeing the windage tray

br289165

:
'02 P5/2 Audi A4s
Tips on removing the windage tray

ANyone have any advice on separating this tray from the block the right way?

Last edited:
there really is nothing to it, u have to remove the tranny, and once thats off its like taking the oil pan off

you DONT have to take the trans off. you can drill 2 holes in the trans casing. there will be the remaining 2 bolts you need to take off.

and where would u drill those holes? u need to remove the tranny to gauge where to drill, and how big the hole is needed

i can't remember. neox is saying there's som grommets there. i'm fairly...100% sure there are not. but, any person should be able to gauge where those bolts would be by following the oil pan around.. Mazdaspeed2003.5 in spain, did this. if you search his pictures, you'll see them.

that would put the bolt at an angle, and a lil harder to reinsert and more likely to cross thread

You kiddin, the manual says nothing about having to do all that s*** . I pulled all the ****** bolts off the b**** and it still wont drop. How many bolts are there?

you DONT have to take the trans off. you can drill 2 holes in the trans casing. there will be the remaining 2 bolts you need to take off.

Last edited:
You kiddin, the manual says nothing about having to do all that s*** . I pulled all the ****** bolts off the b**** and it still wont drop. How many bolts are there?

obviously the manual doesn't say that. not exactly sure on the bolts. but check the picture i posted. see if you got those two.

The picture is confusing, which 2 bolts are you talkin bout, and whats that square area that looks grinded out? Thanks

the grinded out section is what you can cut to access the 2 other bolts.the grinded section is part of the windage tray.

or, you can slide your trans about 2-4 inches, and access the last 2 bolts.

The orientation of the photo is messin me up, could you do me a huge favor and paint (edit) some orientation marks bottom to left etc. for me or explain the orientation.thanks

the grinded out section is what you can cut to access the 2 other bolts.the grinded section is part of the windage tray.

It seems to be speading apart with a hammer and small prybar.

dude, the picture is of the windage tray. the side with the hole in the tray, is the side that is on the side of the transmission.

Latest posts

Back