Tips on purchasing a used 2016 Mazda CX-5 (salvage title)

Maybe to make it more appealing. Maybe the tires or rims needed to be changed due to wear or damage that isn't visible in the pictures. Maybe the seller is trying to sell the car as a higher trim in order to list it for a slightly higher price. Or maybe it's a combination of all of the above.
I could see the wheels and tires if they were able to source them cheap. However the pics of the wrecked CX-5 does not have the GT headlights with LED DRLs. Not sure why a shop would pay the premium for those, can't see the ROI being that good? I think it is a different CX.

@Roberson Happy to read that you are going to keep looking as this one has too many 'what-ifs' surrounding it. Wish you luck in your search!

Never EVER buy a salvage car for a lot of money. They are always majorly wrecked, flooded, stolen or worse. You could be riding in a deathtrap with no airbags and 2 different vehicles welded together.

I could see the wheels and tires if they were able to source them cheap. However the pics of the wrecked CX-5 does not have the GT headlights with LED DRLs. Not sure why a shop would pay the premium for those, can't see the ROI being that good? I think it is a different CX.

A shop may not pay the premium, but the seller getting the work done might. Again, this is a bit of a stretch, but if a disingenuous seller was trying to sell a Sport as a GT, and was able to get the parts relatively cheap from a junkyard or something, it could be a possibility. I do agree that it's probably best for @Roberson to keep looking (y)

Back