Tips for New P5 owner?

danhenry

Got about 150 miles on my P5. Loving every second of it. Have the Cd player and the moon roof.

Was wanting some tips from you guys about the first upgrades to get. What is absolutely necessary to get first? I dont want a street racer, but i would like a new exhaust note. Tinted windows, new speakers, you know, stuff like that. Good places with good prices, Internet sites, Mail ordering. Whats the quality stuff?

Also, what are some good cleaning and waxing products? What are some maintenance tips from you guys, or any other recomendations. You guys are the experts, thanks for the help!

!
Dan Henry

PS- Also my car had 4 black plastic "fender" looking items. They were in the trunk, and i cant find any reference to what their for. My dealer didnt seem to know either. Any ideas?

danhenry said:
Got about 150 miles on my P5. Loving every second of it. Have the Cd player and the moon roof.

Was wanting some tips from you guys about the first upgrades to get. What is absolutely necessary to get first? I dont want a street racer, but i would like a new exhaust note. Tinted windows, new speakers, you know, stuff like that. Good places with good prices, Internet sites, Mail ordering. Whats the quality stuff?

Also, what are some good cleaning and waxing products? What are some maintenance tips from you guys, or any other recomendations. You guys are the experts, thanks for the help!

!
Dan Henry

PS- Also my car had 4 black plastic "fender" looking items. They were in the trunk, and i cant find any reference to what their for.
My dealer didnt seem to know either. Any ideas?

Hello Dan and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to our Club. There are TWO BIG fridge'S in the corner with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. (stash)

make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!! (stash)

It sounds like you have a good idea of what you want to do....just start doing searchs and visiting the specific sections of the forum for more information....the performance section for exhaust stuff....the audio section for info on speakers....that sort of thing...

as for the four plastic things in your trunk.....do you have the Roof Rack? If so....I am thinking that they are the caps you put in the place of the cross braces when you remove them.....maybe.

For the exhaust you could always get the Mazda exhaust from the dealer. It is not to big, and gives a deep small noise nothing to big or loud.

There are intakes on Ebay for about 40-50 bukcs if you want just a little increase in throttle response and a new noise. But some dealers void warrentys with intakes, though they shouldnt. But you can always just swap the stock on back on when you go in.

1st MP3 is pretty helpful with the audio questions, try asking in the Audio section.

For cleaning I like the
Link

Take a look at some of the photos of their cars. Though these are normally a weekend project to fully do a car.

Meguires car products are good to for just cleaning now and then.

the four plastic things are the pieces you put in the roof after you remove the roof rack....

Hey, welcome to the boards.

i can contribute by telling you how i wash my car.

I start off by hosing the car with soap-water... then rinse off with high pressure wash.

after that i dry the car with a shemmy(sp).. then take my Eagle one wax..
pic_wet_polish_wax.gif

its the best wax i've seen. i tried those spray on ones.. didnt like em much. Then i bought this and havent used anything else since.. anyways, I then take the eagle one wax and a damp sponge..
97432.jpg

put about a table spoon of wax on it and rub it on the entire body of the car.. then i buff it out with 2 terry cloth towel:
towel.jpg

after that i do a low-pressure rinse, and dry it with the shemmy (sp) again.

now that your body is all shiny and clean, take some of the Eagle one chrome & wire wheel cleaner:
pic_chrome_wire.gif

and spray it on your clean wheels, then let it sit for a minute, and hose it off.
next, take eagle one wet tire shine spray bottle:
pic_tire_shine_arsl.gif

and spray it around the sides of all 4 tires, no need to hose or wipe or anything, but wipe whatever drips down to your rims.
after that, take armor-all window wipes:
armor-all-glass.jpg

and wipe it inside and outside of your windows/windshield.
after that, vacuum your car, pick up any trash.

usually takes me about an hour and a half to do all that and keeps my car spotless, shiny and clean :D :D

thanks alot for the advice guys, there is a ton of helpful stuff here.
I was also wondering, for someone on a limited budget, not all that concerned about horsepower, what would be a good exhaust system for the sound/aesthetics alone, and what am i looking at spending.?

Danhenry

I own the <a href="http://www.srmotorsports.com/protege.htm" target="_New">SR Motorsports catback</a>. Nice deep note and looks great. :D

Back