Tinting...

Paying over $200 is like being raped IMO. The tint at most for a full size limo was $50 total in material cost. You really just pay for labor.

I paid $150 for my 3 and $50 for the front 2 windows in my Yukon.

Just for an idea on cost.

As someone who offers a SERVICE, nothing wrong with being paid well for a service that not everyone does or does well. I spend maybe $10 in materials when I detail a car, the rest is all labor.

Remember, you get what you pay for. . .

So I'm looking to pay somewhere between $175-$200.. I definitely don't want to pay more than $200 for tint seeing as it's jut a cosmetic upgrade and isn't a huge deal to me, but it does...look good. I'm going to go with 30-35% all around, probably going to call and get a quote this week.

I wouldn't pay more than the $150 I did. There should be quality places and installers that will do it for that. There are 2-3 that I know if my area alone. Every major city has to be similar.

I did 15%, 15%, 35%, 50%

I'm getting 35% all around on Saturday here.. ('cept the windshield of course) and they have me paying $200 cash or $250 as a real transaction..

34481_448184661141_731546141_6517124_4724567_n.jpg

20% all around.

Getting my speed tinted this weekened at Auto Creations in Jersey. $220 for 35% up front and 20% on the rears with a lifetime warranty, will definitely post pics afterwards.

As someone who offers a SERVICE, nothing wrong with being paid well for a service that not everyone does or does well. I spend maybe $10 in materials when I detail a car, the rest is all labor.

Remember, you get what you pay for. . .

I agree, you do get what you pay for, I mean I will pay a bit more for better service but I believe somethings have a limit. But I may not be right but if it comes down to the same work and one is $20 cheaper I'll go with the other vendor, nowadays you have more bargin and wiggle room with labor costs i think.

Sally, hope all goes well with the tint..look forward to seeing the pictures.

Here is my attempt at improving my photography skills, lol. Anyway, got my tint done at Auto Creations in Raritan NJ on 206. $220 for 20% in the back, 35% in the front. I think its the perfect amount if you don't want to get hassled by cops but still want a good look. For anyone in Jersey it's a great shop with good guys. The best part was listening to the guys in the shop and other customers talking about my car, he he.

38827024011_large.jpg

38827024013_large.jpg

38827024012_large.jpg

38827024014_large.jpg

38827024010_large.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with colored tints? I'm particularly looking for a warm hue, ideally bronze(ish).

Friend of mine had the Blue and Chrome/Silver tint on Blue MP3 Protege. It looked good, Cops harassed him from the silver tint...it was more reflective.

But if you went with a colored tint that you could still see through, i think you would overall be ok.

The bronze'ish color would look cool for a tan/light colored interior, Lexus' and Infiniti used to have a slight bronze gold tint on their windows stock. But it was a very very light touch of the color.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. I don't want a full colored tint, just slight warm hues to tie it in with the car better. I'll keep looking.

Man please tell me how did you do the tinting on the back window?
I just tried today and I failed.
Its so hard on these hatchbacks because of the shape... inside and outside is different so you cant
take the right measurements from outside and put it inside.
Please help me figure it out if you did it by yourself.
Thanks!

It looks different depending on what is behind the car but here is 35% on True Red:

5540600257_9153c91934_b.jpg

Another:
4258316046_9d6daf2b51_o.jpg

I had 18% all around but last week I finally got a fix it ticket. Had my tint for almost 5 years. Took it off and got it replaced with 35%. Looks good not to dark and not to light. I would say go 35% all around!!! (cabpatch)

Back