Tinted P5 tails anyone??

mazdaspeed777

Contributor
:
03' Mazda Protege 5
I have the carbon fiber Altezza tail lights on my P5 and I am sick of the fake carbon fiber look and I was wondering if any of you P5 owners with these tail lights have tinted them? I wanted to see what they would look like so if you do please post a pic. Thanks, Dan

Here is what my current tails look like:
cb1eebca8d26.jpg

the member named Equinox had his carbon fiber tails tinted. if you can do a search, he may have posted pics. i didnt like the look of the tinted p5 tails. you should remove the lens, paint them body color, and put the lens back on. thats what im doing to my "chrome" altezza tails.

Ok I found these pics of tinted P5 tails. I still haven't found any pics of tinted altezza tails so please post them if you got them.

This is what I was thinking of doing:
Dscf0059.jpg

lens001.jpg

Or there is just blacking out the whole tail light:
backshot.jpg

bg01.jpg

What do you guys think? Any suggestions, or any other ideas what I should do??

AlturredMP5 said:
the member named Equinox had his carbon fiber tails tinted. if you can do a search, he may have posted pics. i didnt like the look of the tinted p5 tails. you should remove the lens, paint them body color, and put the lens back on. thats what im doing to my "chrome" altezza tails.

Can you take of the lense of the tail lights? Do they bake apart just like the headlamps?? I would think the Aletezza tails would melt in the oven?? Has anyone tried this before??

mazdaspeed777 said:
Can you take of the lense of the tail lights? Do they bake apart just like the headlamps?? I would think the Aletezza tails would melt in the oven?? Has anyone tried this before??

yeah, ive already done it. they bake apart just like the headlamps, but you prob dont want to keep them in as long. i got a couple of bubbles in the lenses, but not too noticable.

I'm no help as my tails are stock tinted with rockblocker.

Attachments

• 11_17_06 sunset garage 028 (Large).jpg
    11_17_06 sunset garage 028 (Large).jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 11_17_06 sunset garage 038 (Large).jpg
    11_17_06 sunset garage 038 (Large).jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 11_17_06 sunset garage 089 (Large).jpg
    11_17_06 sunset garage 089 (Large).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 07.15.06 018 (Medium).jpg
    07.15.06 018 (Medium).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 07.15.06 019 (Medium).jpg
    07.15.06 019 (Medium).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 170
AlturredMP5 said:
yeah, ive already done it. they bake apart just like the headlamps, but you prob dont want to keep them in as long. i got a couple of bubbles in the lenses, but not too noticable.

How long did you put it in the oven for? And at what temp?? Also do you have any pics you could post up of what they look like so far?? Thanks

Last edited:
Hey AlturredMP5, Did you ever get pics of the tail lights you took apart and painted?? Post some up if ya could. Thanks

Back