Timing Belt Kit

Merrilin

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg
I'm at 96k miles and I'm looking at replacing my timing belt. What do you recommend I replace along with it? Should I replace everything, like in https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned), or should I just do the belt and water pump? I'm short on cash, but I want my car to last. I'm also looking at labor charges since I don't know how to do it myself (although I'd like to learn).

if you want to last,buy OEM parts...especially water pump...go to ***********************..easy shopping and great dude..you need belt,water pump,gasket,idler pulley and spring...it will last another 100k

Wow, that's a pretty extensive How-To. One of the best I've seen here. Thanks for the info. Also, I need a new upstream O2 sensor. The prices seem to vary wildly ($30-$160). Is there a reason to pay more for an O2 sensor? From my understanding, the OEM O2 sensor is among the more expensive ones.

The only reason why OEM is more expensive is because it's guaranteed to have the correct harness connector and they think people don't know any better. If you can't find it at RockAuto when/if you buy everything else, check out THIS SITE.

So an expensive O2 sensor is just a ripoff? How do I know if it has the correct connectors (I don't want to do any wiring if I don't have to)? For instance, will the Walker pre-cat O2 sensor (250-24629) on the linked site fit just like the OEM?

OEM means it will fit the factory connector. If you get the "universal" one that's the cheapest, you will have to cut and solder the connector from your stock O2.

Back