time to upgrade

Search would be my first suggestion. Telling us your present mods, goals, budget and familiarity with custom tuning options would be my second.

thinking about putting a bigger turbo on my car any suggestions? turbo, manifold ect

What supporting mods do you have?
What you'll need:
upgraded cdfp
cobb accessport
upgraded tmic OR fmic
aftermarket downpipe (do not wanna use stock restrictive POS with upgraded turbo)
New intake system (big turbo inlet and short ram are best suggestion, stock inlet won't work with any big turbo other than BNR s1 or 2 IIRC)
Denso ITV22 spark plugs gapped tight, like .025-.028"
if you want more than 22psi, you'll need a 3bar MAP sensor, or 3.5 bar. But, depending on the turbo, you'll run out of fuel long before needing a 3.5bar.
injector seals/crows feet stud/nut upgrade

I'm probably missing other stuff.
There are bolt-on turbos for stock manifold, like my gtx3076r.

Not to sound like a complete idiot but what if you're only looking to run 20 +/- psi on a larger turbo? It doesn't matter what turbo, just as long as it's above 22 psi?

the stock MAP sensor doesn't read above 22.xx psi, so regardless of what turbo you slap on there, the stock 2.5 bar MAP sensor will only read up to about 22psi.

i suggest getting a different car to go big turbo. truth.

Sure its easy to just get a new car that has a big turbo on it. But in the long run its going to cost more getting a new car than spending the 3k'ish to put a bigger turbo on the car he already has. And if you like the speed3 then why not keep it?

^^Agree^^

also its way cool to have a car that has been built (not buying a stocker) just how you want it............ its custom and its your own.

no no no i agree its way more personal to build your own car. but i was actually saying... buy another car to go big turbo. you'll just end up blowing something up on our cars lol making it more expensive in the long run. its the sad truth. i have yet to hear of any successful reliable big turbo's on our cars. plus FWD with that much power you wont be able to have much fun with it except in straight lines at higher speeds. just my opinion.

no no no i agree its way more personal to build your own car. but i was actually saying... buy another car to go big turbo. you'll just end up blowing something up on our cars lol making it more expensive in the long run. its the sad truth. i have yet to hear of any successful reliable big turbo's on our cars. plus FWD with that much power you wont be able to have much fun with it except in straight lines at higher speeds. just my opinion.

FWD, Big Power platforms have a certain reputation no doubt so I understand the comments. Let's face it, it doesn't hook up like AWD or RWD but there's no doubt a big turbo is worth it even in this car. And as a vendor that has sold MANY big turbos and sees a lot of what's going on in the community, there are literally hundreds of reliable big turbo MS3's out there as we speak, if not thousands. Big turbo has come a long way on these cars. Check this thread out as just one of them.

Don't be afraid to go big turbo, you just need to make sure the job is done right the first time.

Ive also been making 450+whp for a while now and daily drive my car 100 miles everyday with that kind of power. IMO reliability has 100% to do with maintenance and a tune.

Ive also been making 450+whp for a while now and daily drive my car 100 miles everyday with that kind of power. IMO reliability has 100% to do with maintenance and a tune.

thinking bout goin bigturbo as well,ive been running my setup forever now and it doesnt feel fast to me nemore... mods so far cpe ems semi tuned @18 psi,cai,full tbe,manifold,bov,fmic,cdfp.made 308whp 317trq. if i wanted to get 380 to 400whp about howmuch would i be spending? My car smokes like a chimney at idle lol. guess thats what happens when u have 110k on your motor.

thinking bout goin bigturbo as well,ive been running my setup forever now and it doesnt feel fast to me nemore... mods so far cpe ems semi tuned @18 psi,cai,full tbe,manifold,bov,fmic,cdfp.made 308whp 317trq. if i wanted to get 380 to 400whp about howmuch would i be spending? My car smokes like a chimney at idle lol. guess thats what happens when u have 110k on your motor.

a bolt on gtx3071 would get you to those power levels with no problems with a solid tune.

Back