Thunking noise in rear end ?

Oh yeah, I dont have a thunking rearend though. Thank god. It is a new car though so I expect a few problems. :)

THE CLUNKING NOISE YOU ALL ARE HEARING IS THE SWAYBAR BOTTOMING OUT.ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CAR.I HEAR IT WORSE WHEN IM SPRAYING THE NOS. :D

Damn had my first thunk in the trunk this morning... changed my oil last week, should have told them.. oh well will have to wait for my next visit.. unless it starts doing it each morning!

For the pulling to the right, when i let the wheel go on the highway it sometimes goes to the right, but i think thats caused by the road not being perfectly "flat" and our car being road-picky... i'm gonna try going the wrong way and see if it pulls left :).. anyway my car pulls to the left sometimes too,but usually its to the right.

just a thought ... mine dose not pull left or right and i have also ran in 2 auto crosses .. but anyway ... most roads are crowned so that the water runs off the road .. so if you are in the right lane going down the interstate it will go to the right if you let go of the wheel .. and to the left if you are on the left ... but if yours is really pulling an alignment is only 38-48 dollars depending on where you live .. go get one ,,

I think the pull is just the crown in the road. It also pulls a little bit (IMHO) because it's front wheel drive...and if you're on a road that isn't flat (with little hills and valleys in it), and you're driving slow, it may pull. Just my experience.

I think I've heard minimal clunking, but no windshield whistling (yet...knock on wood). But then again, she's only 9 days and 550 miles old.

Yellow MP3 #?

well I'm still waiting on my new bushings to get rid of my thunk noise. This was one thing I was afraid of, getting parts for such a rare care. Turns out, the bushings are on back order. s***.

Thunking here too...a relief (to know others have the same prob) but annoying being that the car is brand new...

I've also noticed the pulling to the right but think (like a couple others) that its the preciseness (sp?) of the steering on a slightly crowned road...

:cool:

Guys, I took my MP3 to Firestone and had the alignment checked because it was pulling to the right as well. After the tech checked the alignment, he said that the car was slightly out of alignment and charged me $60 to correct it. But it didn't seem to change anything, it still pulls to the right like it always did :( I also have the clunking sound in the back, but no squeeking noises. I live in Hawaii, so the squeeks may be temperature related.

jesus christ I hope this doesnt happen to mine? what do we have to do get these problems fixed? ******* piece of s*** car lol

-joe

hey fellow mp3'ers, I took my car in to have the squeeks checked and they said there was nothing they could do.....however there is a quick easy and semi-painless fix to the problem. Synthetic lube, no not your girls lube for her favorite toy, but a lube you can purchase from advanced auto or some other parts store. This will have to be applied after carwashings and heavy rain to the neoprene bushings on the rear, and the front if your front ones are squeeking. Make sure it is synthetic though for any other lube may eat away the bushings.

I have the same sqwaking noises in the rear of my car when it is cold. The rubber bushings must be contracting and becoming hard when it is cold. Damn, this sucks! :mad:

My MP3 is brand new (3weeks) and yes,when it's cold outside, I do have that damn noise in the back when i hit a bump!
I don't even want to take it to the dealer, he'll probably say: sorry we don't hear it!!!
:mad: :mad:

Ihave the exact same noises and this is why I got rid of my last car so if they can't fix this then this one is gone too. Has a dealership helped anyone on this.

Guys, the noise is NORMAL! It is the suspension, maybe bushings, but it is normal in cold weather. I say this cause Integra Type R's do the EXACT same thing, and we both have performance suspensions, so I would assume it is normal when certain performance parts are used, like maybe better bushings? :)

Rest assured IF it is something wrong, and all of us have the exact same problem, then if something screws up we will have no problem getting it fixed.

I let everyone know of my noise problems and today I took mine to the dealer. I have an aem cold air system and it DOES NOT void the warranty. The AEM was rubbing against the master cylinder and that was the cause of the front noise. I also had a rear noise that sounded like the shocks were bad. When the guy fixed the AEM problem, the noise in the rear subsided. I have no idea how that happened, but if it comes back, I'll know what the problem is. I was also told of the "LEMON LAW" which means that if you have a problem with your car and it cannot be fixed in an exceptable timely fashion, the dealership will refund your money. CHECK INTO IT EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!!

For the record, this thread says "Thunking noise in rear end. Not squeek. The slight squeeking noise in the bushings is normal, and should only happen when the car is cold. Once warmed up it should go away.

The thunking noise is NOT normal. My car is going in the shop on Friday to get those bushings replaced because of the thunking noise. I can shake my car left and right, and I can hear this noise plain as day. I know it's kinda like playing with words....noise, thunk, scrunch...etc.etc. But the squeek seems to be seperate from the thunk....hee hee.....this is nuts.

Will let everyone know fridaywhat happens.

I asked a contact of mine at racing beat about the squeaking and this is his repy:
This may be related to the sway bar bushing. We did not supply the bushings to Mazda so I can't comment on the type used. We use a "grooved" bushing that is designed to hold a special bushing grease that we supply with our bars. Even so sometimes the bushings will still squeak. You might try to Rough up the surface of the bar under the bushing with a piece of 300 grit wet/dry sandpaper in order to break-up the slick surface.

BUT, first contact the dealer for their suggestion, I don't want to hear that my suggestion "voided" the warranty in some way!

"I also have the whistling windshield(but only at about 105mph and higher). "

Why ours noisy is exactly the same??? Just tonight I found this happened again before I saw these posts. Back to JULY when I first got my car, I realized that the PASSENGER side-mirror doesn't look as good as the driver's side. The whole adjustable mirror kit's angle is a little closer to the body and has a tiny gap. I thought it was the reason we have the whistling sound when in high end. But things seem not so easy and mine probably is a single case...
But could anyone tell? :confused:

Back