Thunder manifold installed

I think he was asking like an accesive amount or anything.
I guess it just seemed like a really trivial answer to me. Sorry to the OP if I sounded like an asshole.. but if you decide to remove the turbo, drain the oil and coolant.
Some take off the radiator to give a little more clearance when removing from studs and to save the radiator from possible damage if bumped.

I had changed the waste gate, coupler, claps and finally became to darn cold outside to attempt this one, if it takes one guy an hour it takes me 1.5 -2 hours in the cold maybe worse. I usually end up drinking a beer or two and it becomes a recreational event.
I totally agree with this. Remove the radiator cuz you will risk puncturing it when removing the manifold and turbo assembly. Like Stealth said, just take your time and set aside an entire afternoon.. you shouldn't have any problems getting it done in one whole day.

Hmm... i think ill give this a shot. So the amount that comes out will be manageable. I wont need to refill anything? Im a noob at this and i want to get enough info before i give it a go.

Here dude, check this out. It will help a TON.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123633958

But do drain the oil. Otherwise you'll make a huge mess and it'll be a pain in the ass to work on this cuz you'll have slippery dirty oil all over the place. A fresh oil change never hurt anyway.

To answer the question on the seepage fromthe oils once you remove them. I do not know if their will be a ton of spillage or not.

Very nice... "whats the retail on one of those?" Lol.. J/k

getting mines installed with my new gt3071R this week.. (rofl2)

Thanks guys. Sorry for the threadjack. The link helps a mil. If i have any futher questions ill send u guys a pm. I might as well get the atp wga when i do this. Thanks fellas.

DSM:

I notice a big difference but than again i have not driven the car for almost 6 months. I am very pleased, looks better than stock and half the weight of the stock one. Spools good. Very pleased.
I live in Mt. lookout here in Cincy and see a few Blues around. But not very often. Maybe its yours that i see?

Hmm well i dont think ive been around mt lookout latly, im usally putting around the UC campus most of the time in the natti. but perhaps our cars have crossed before and we just didint know lol, besides if you saw mine from the rear you would know cause i have a nasty dent in my trunk:bs: and i havent been driving the MSP for the last couple months since the weather has been bad, but hopefully soon ill be back down there with a new trunk for the spring!

besides if you saw mine from the rear you would know cause i have a nasty dent in my trunk:bs: and i havent been driving the MSP for the last couple months since the weather has been bad, but hopefully soon ill be back down there with a new trunk for the spring!

I feel you on that dent. My old neighbor kicked a nice dent just behind the rear passenger door. He thought he could take up 2 parking spots for his beloved Hummer (compensating for something i guess) and got pissed when i parked mine next to his without that extra room he demanded. What a wanker.
Also this is the first i have driven my car for a long time so ... it feels nice. At least until it warms up and i can take the motorcycle out again.

what kind of bike you got? i see you have a rx-7 too, and a 20b at that! any plans to get it out on the street soon?

I have a 2001 Suzuki bandit 600s (semi naked sport bike), jetted and dyno'd with midpipe and slip on. Fun bike :) and more comfortable than a crotch rocket, though it looks weird to me.. kind of like a praying mantis.
The rx-7 is parked on the street with a flat front tire. That wont be on the road until the end of summer, i hope. I need to get a set of motor mounts that will fit that engine in my rx7 , there are a few options for me but i need the money and a garage to spend time with it. Also a custom exhaust, new hood for extra clearence etc. Right now I have the engine at my parents house waiting to start that project hopefully in the spring. I recently saw a NA version of the 20b on a Best Motoring episode from a few years ago and that thing kicked ass. Basically street ported, no turbo, 300hp beast. If i can go that route I think that it would be even more unique and would be more reliable.
Bottom line is i have time with that car. I want to give it to my son when he turns 16, its our project together :) ... and I have almost 10 years before i have to hand the keys over.

MazdaRX, I live near anderson township pretty close to you, car looks good man. I have a thunder Header as well, I like it alot, I also have the single cast runner minifold but its not installed yet.

I graduated from Anderson... years ago (i feel old) and my parents still live there. I think i passed you on clough pike once or twice but on my bike as my car was out of commission.
I am headed out to tdperformance to get a dyno tune in a couple weeks (they actually tune unichip :-] ) and am very curious as to what my results will be. If you or anyone else around the area is intersted maybe we should all try to go the same day. I should start that as another thread somewhere else though ;)

DSM:

I notice a big difference but than again i have not driven the car for almost 6 months. I am very pleased, looks better than stock and half the weight of the stock one. Spools good. Very pleased.
I live in Mt. lookout here in Cincy and see a few Blues around. But not very often. Maybe its yours that i see?
Mt. Lookout huh....I was Just up In mount Adams Last night.

You must have a few bucks if you live up there....So I am sure the install didnt hurt your pocket...LOL!

And as far as big Difference...I have had the Stocker, Thunder and MAM in my hand...and although this is a TUbular Mani....I dont think its got much more over the stocker in all honestly.
Especially if your basing it off your "Butt" Dyno after 6 months of not driving the car.

Nah. I live in Mt. Lookout so my son has a good school to go to and my car is a tad safer. Otherwise poor and in a tiny apt. for now.

I would say it is definitely lighter than the stock one even if it does not add any power. That is one positive...i think.

In my opinion the thunder doesn't add much to the hp but the turbo seems to spool much more smooth after the install... The air is just moving in a better pattern

Back