Throttle body grounding

jimmg320

:
2008 Mazda 3
I tried out the throttle body ground mod and dont feel much of a snap at wide open throttle. I know once i disconnected the battery and then hooked it back up the computer needs a little time relearning it self but how long does ot take to feel the effect. Now i know there wont be any horespower gain but as far as a better response what is it that is suppose to feel different? I used a 10 gauge ground wire with a 1/4 inch ring terminals. Hooked one end to the throttle body bolt that is more towards the front grill and hooked up the other end to the negative cable.

I was thinking to do this minor mod. Read it up 2 days ago and went to get the cable yesterday to try it but there was no suitable cable. Still want to try it and hope I feel that increased responsiveness I read about...

Peace

The is so little current there that 10 ga wire is truly overkill. 18 ga would work just as well. It's actually been said that what it's supposed to do is eliminate the possibility of static electric charge in the system causing a lag in the throttle response.
I did this mod years ago and as far as I'm concerned, it does nothing... but it doesn't hurt either, so I kept it on.

I dont know how this mod will make the car feel more responsive, but I did it today and she does feel a little bit more peppy. Could be mind over matter. But I can say I didnt feel anything when I put in a K&N drop in filter. This seems like a better mod!

I used 8 gauge wire. The mod cost me about $3.40

Peace

Back