Thoughts on a new MSP hood

I see people talking about the "west wing" hood for the MSP. I've never seen one but I understand they look like an Evo hood. The Evo hood has more air flow ability it seems, which leads me to my point.

What if you had the stock MSP hood "vented" or something to allow more airflow. Would there be a point to doing this? A scoop even? I dont want to remove the weather stripping but I think there needs to be more flow under the hood.

Oh, and it cant look cheezy :)

You mean like this:
protoge_ram_air.jpg

GI - that's exactly what i was looking for! Where did you get that hood? I wonder if you could add that vent to the stock hood?

It is not my hood. It is from DGMotorsports . Check out the attached link for their website. This is their 'Ram-Air' hood they have had available for quite some time.

well, actually there was this one CF hood I saw that had the orange integrated into it. That looked good. I just dont like the look of a grey hood on a orange car. On a darker coloured car it probably looks great.

BTW - nice response time to my last post ;)

Ok so it looks good on silver too. Those colors all blend nicely, the titanium or black would go well also. But it just doesnt work on the orange. IMO :)

Hey GI,

Are 'Nobody's fender flares trimmed in CF too or are my eyes just playin with me.

Damn... I knew I'd go blind one of these days :D .

FrozenMazda said:
Hey GI,

Are 'Nobody's fender flares trimmed in CF too or are my eyes just playin with me.

Damn... I knew I'd go blind one of these days :D .

I hate to speak for someboby (Nobody in this case) but yes they are.

i also would like to know why the duct on nobodys hood is so huge compared to the one on DG's site. I was thinking about that hood but not so much if the things is that massive...

Back