Those with JDM Mazda Rainguards/visors - chime in...

Hank3

Asian Persuasion <><
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5 GT
Looking to buy a set of these in the near future. Wondering if those of you who have them have experienced any extra noise (i.e. cruising with the windows up, slightly cracked, all the way down). Also, how functional have they been during rain with them cracked down? TIA for any feedback :)

I emailed JDM Goodie today asking about a possible GB. No-go for the time being as they only have limited quantities. They get their next shipment Nov/Dec and will reconsider then on the other forum.

speedster: you could always get some of the spray on laminex stuff and make them darker yourself. I had some autventshades on my old xB, and they didn't match the darkness of the tint, but it was not too noticeable at all.

yeah, that's true...

the only reason i didn't order any is because i'm not tinted at all... not sure how that would look.

I guess I didn't think of that. My car is untinted for the time being. Planning to get it tinted before Summer of '09 with tax money :)

I wonder if it will look bad if I installed them now. Anyone got pics of these things installed on an untinted 3?

There was no way I was going to pay $150-$300 for a set of rain guards, so I just bought some m3 specific ones off ebay and they turned out perfect. High quality (IMO), look great, and do the job and I only spent i think $41 shipped. The packaging it came in was a JDM box. They are smoked pretty much completely black and I've actually got quite a few compliments on them. Not cheap quality by any means, highly recommend them.

this is only pic I got for now.

n1029420445_30162770_6422.jpg

They are sold @ dealerships in Canada. If you know somebody in Canada tell them to order them and mail them to you. If you can drive up to Canada, that would be ideal. I purchased my set off a group buy and got them for $120 shipped via next-day air. :) The JDM rainguards are pretty good and well worth the price IMO, just because they are so low profile and do not break up the lines of the car. Here are some pics that I have back when I had the cosmic blue speed3. Unfortunately that speed3 was rear ended and totalled, I now have a '09 white speed3 and the rainguards will go on this weekend. :D BTW, tint is 35% front and back on the cars.

May15_2008

Rainy Day Photoshoot *revisted*

June07_2008

Pics from Barber Motorsports Park

Last edited:
Back