Those ##$$!! beeps!

Mownor

:
2010 Mazda 6 L4
Good day, Ladies and Gentlemen
I'm going to take a chance and ask a question which may have been answered already; if so, I apologise in advance. My wife has a 2010 Mazda 6, which she really likes. However, those beeps from the steering wheel mounted controls for the cruise and audio are driving her around the bend. (Me, too!) I have looked at the owner's manual and can't find even a reference to those beeps. The local Mazda dealer has offered to fix the problem for a couple of hundred $ which is not cool since we asked him to fix it in the first 30 days of ownership. It's been two years now and I would like to get it fixed. Can anyone give me the secret? Many thanks, M

Boy, do I feel stupid. I found the answer in another unnamed forum and discovered it was in the owner's manual all the time.

I quote, "In section 6-28 and section 6-29 of the owner's manual they tell you how to do this. You'll need to use the audio control dial to turn the beep off. Press the center of the dial to cycle through the different functions. Once you get to the one that says "BEEP ON", turn the dial to the left until it says "BEEP OFF"."

I just came back from the wife's car and it worked. I'm glad I got this taken care of before I bothered any of you folks. Cheers, M.

Back