This is why I use Sea Foam with every oil change,...

But what evidence is there that Seafoam fixes the issue? I've never been convinced that the stuff is anything more than snake oil.

There's definitely something very wrong with these engines as far as oil burning goes, but many say it is the valve seals, and the original poster of that thread never followed up. Did he actually fix the oil burning issue, or did he just assume he fixed it? Burning oil from the valve seals will cause deposits in the combustion chamber. How does he know those deposits didn't cause the clogged passages and stuck rings?

Last edited:
But what evidence is there that Seafoam fixes the issue? I've never been convinced that the stuff is anything more than snake oil.

There's definitely something very wrong with these engines as far as oil burning goes, but many say it is the valve seals, and the original poster of that thread never followed up. Did he actually fix the oil burning issue, or did he just assume he fixed it? Burning oil from the valve seals will cause deposits in the combustion chamber. How does he know those deposits didn't cause the clogged passages and stuck rings?

I'm pretty sure Sea Foam actually does dissolve gum and tar deposits and assists in the combustion of carbon.

I don't really care how my car gets dirty inside I just clean it as she gets dirty by putting in the Sea Foam AFTER I do my oil change then change it every 3000 miles.

I throw a shot (about a dollars worth) in the gas every 2 or 3 tank fills and down the windpipe twice a year or so when I think of it. (usually in a mall parking lot while I'm waiting for a friend,... nice smoke show for all the shoppers).

If I forget, my car let's me know she's ready with a tiny stumble at idle,... after a quick drink it's back to smooth as glass.

As far as evidence goes,.. change your oil then give it a spirited 100 miles of driving (but only fill it to around half way between full and add marks (I'm pretty sure there is 1 liter of oil between the two marks.)) ,... then carefully inspect the oil on the dipstick for color and clarity (maybe back off the oil filter a bit for a better sample).

Then put in 1/3 can of Sea Foam in the oil do the same hundred mile run and check it again.

my car has 250000kms and has never had blue smoke. it doesnt even burn oil anymore now that i switched to Pennzoil platinum.

I'm at 219,011 km's. It's never burned oil or smoked.

(but I do both,... who do ya think's gonna die first ???)

So how do you figure Pennzoil stopped the oil burning does it have seafoam in it ???

before i was using mobil1 and had to top up several times between changes and now i don't have to at all. but it was only ever maybe half a little every 5000kms

I've never added oil,...

Our FS engine was born with a genetic flaw,... It has tiny little arteries and I think yours has plaque buildup,... There is a preventative medication for the disease called Sea Foam but it doesn't work after it has a stroke.

Latest posts

Back