4 years/60k miles later with oil in the cylinders

Ah, I was thinking of the 6 from 03 rather than the 626 from the year before.

They're still working on it. Sposed to have it back tomorrow, we'll see.

New rotors & pads installed all the way around. Hopefully the rebuild will go smoothly and I'll have a running car by end of day Tuesday.

Called yesterday and the intake valves are paper thin so they need replacing. $9 each.

Hopefully this will be the last of the issues at the machine shop. They acted like they'd still have it done today so I'm anticipating having a nice shiny cylinder head sitting in my garage for about a week since I'll be going out of town and won't be able to work on it.

So, have the head back and boy does it look pretty.

Now is the enormous suck part of the process when it's been a month since I took the thing apart and I don't remember where everything goes/which bolts go where and all that crap.

For instance, just starting the reassembly and am putting on the water pump. Needs six bolts but the only bolts that seem like they'd be the ones I only have five of (4-12mm & 1-14mm), two of which have washers (1-12 & the 14), but where I would put the 14 isn't long enough for the thread to catch.

I thought the shop manual pdf would tell me but all it shows only 2 bolts (01-12-8), one of which mounts to the pump itself instead of mounting the pump to the block.

Any help?

Nevermind, little uneeded panic there. Prolly a better idea to get the head back on and all before I start worrying about the water pump.

Did find a good video that did the timing belt replacement showing the water pump and remembered that the tensioner is one of the 6 bolts, but that short 14 with the washer is still a mystery to me at this point. Maybe after I get the head on things will become clearer.

Back