This is our review of the CX-5

MotorTorqueuk

:
Vauxhall Astra
I write for an on-line automotive site and we have recently done a CX-5 review and I wanted a little feedback on our review.

I thought this would be the best place to get some honest opinions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHxTR72tDIo

I would really appreciate a comment or two on what you think of the review, plus any comments on what you think of the CX-5 in general - what is it like to own maybe?

Nice one.

I though the review was OK for the first 3 minuets, after that i couldn't see the point of comparing a new car with a old car I've never even heard of.

comparisons should be made with the latest offerings from the competition.

I also noted the emissions and "claimed" economy figures were for the FWD 150 diesel model, which cam across, to me, as a sales pitch.

I also prefer a slightly older person to do reviews, Say late 30's to 40, but that's probably just me.

No mention of torque figures were made, which to a diesel owner is just as important as BHP figures.

so overall i would score 7 out of 10.

Yeah I have to agree. For a car review, I want car info and car info only. Not a history of how far cuv's have come etc. The whole last half was lot on me personally.

Started off very well, but I failed to see any relevance in the second segment. As said previously, objective comparisons with the current competition are what is required, as these can help in the decision making process. Subjective views from your pal are really of no value in helping to decide whether to purchase. A little on the history of a model from concept to release is interesting, but at the end of the day, reviews help you to make a choice from a shortlist of current competitors. Who cares if you would still like the car in 2020? Most new car purchasers in 2012 will have traded up a couple of times at least by then.....

Not bad, assuming the intended audience is a somewhat novice car shopper.

Back