This forum has gone downhill

MSP Chris

:
03 Mazda Speed
Yes read the subject. I have been on here from the begining and have seen the downfall. Educated posts about things that mattered, like Joe's new products are no longer. Then some of the stupidest people ask the most repetitive Q's. It is called search. Anyone who actually cared about helping others make their cars fast has left. I am still only here because I want to see some new parts available. This Forum is like a Honda forum now.

What do you suggest? Antoine, Me, other admins & Mods would like to keep everyone happy.

Maybe put the how to section and the tech sections up top, so when people come to the site, they see if first instead of going to the specific car..

create a subject in the how too's of what people would like to see, and maybe make links to popular stuff right at the top too, and ohh yeah, make the search button flash really bright so it gets people attention...

my 2 cents..

The problem is that several people are just too cocky. It's amazing how down to earth the NA community is for the majority. But then the MS community is kinda obnoxious. This is not in reference to everyone.

I don't know what to do. I suggest surfing the rx7 forums cause that's a top notch community and where I began my reign. hehe.

Peace, Rishie

well notice I didnt state any b/s between tech stuff. I am a automotive technician and know my fare share of stuff. I have educated as many MSP owners in the Tampa area as I can and I am willing to help anyone out. Just posts like "saw a MSP on I 25" and crap gets annoying. As well as stupid repetitive Q's about cars. For everyone who dosent know how a motor works goto www.howthingswork.com . I am not trying to be a dick but all Honda forums are like this. My car made this noise, well jack the b**** up and find what is making the noise. Dam. Sorry for my ranting.

You've been here from the beginning, but only cared to become a member in May 2003?

Yes, I have noticed a slump in informative new posts, but all of this is relative. There are some areas of the forum that I haven't been interested in as others (eg. for some time I lived in the Forced Induction section). But yes, after all turbo kits were developed, all people that were testing them tested them, all quirks were solved, after the rush of products stopped then yes, things did get quiet.

What else did you expect? It's not very probable that we'll have a brilliant discussion on a new topic every day, or that every day someone will be testing out a new product. Is that what you expect? If so, why don't you work on that post count for good (with inteligent questions or issues) or start developing a product that we'll want to test out and talk about?

I'm sorry if I sound a little harsh, it's hard to take complaints like this from someone who obviously hasn't tried to contribute to the forum much.

Last edited:
jonnydoe48 said:
may 2003 is hardly the beginning..

In that case I was here before time?:confused:

My car would be running like ass if it weren't for people on this board!
It's got it's people that have no reason being here but the only reason they stay around is because people give them the attention that they seek.

Hearing people b**** about how they see this site going downhill sucks too.
I've only been on here since January, but I still see more people that were here before me posting than the noobs. The noobs just stand out because they get picked on more. Yes, they ask dumb questions, but we were all there once.
Being cocky and sarcastic is just how some of us are in person. As mush as those people need to try and calm down the attitude, the people that are offended need to remember not to take things so personally as well. For God's sake, just shrug it off!!
Even though there is a lot of fighting that goes on, most of the bystanders seem to enjoy it, and even keep it going (ie: the rallyfocus thread:) )

DrUnKeN PaNdA said:
well notice I didnt state any b/s between tech stuff. I am a automotive technician and know my fare share of stuff. I have educated as many MSP owners in the Tampa area as I can and I am willing to help anyone out. Just posts like "saw a MSP on I 25" and crap gets annoying. As well as stupid repetitive Q's about cars. For everyone who dosent know how a motor works goto www.howthingswork.com . I am not trying to be a dick but all Honda forums are like this. My car made this noise, well jack the b**** up and find what is making the noise. Dam. Sorry for my ranting.
That's because even though forums are set up mainly for information they are still frequented by humans who like to socialize. I've met some cool people on this forum and many other have very good friends here too. It's not just an information gathering, it's a community. I wave at other Mazda enthusiats because we share that in common and it's a human thing to want to be part of something.

People use the forum to set up car meets, buy things from each other, hang out, ask about other issues in life. We're all just humans who like cars but also enjoy the connection between all the members in the forum. That's why (even though it may sound pathetic) many consider this a family. People care about each other's personal issues here, not just each other's A/F readings.

"Johnny 5 alive!!"- Johnny 5

PeaB0dy said:
Maybe put the how to section and the tech sections up top, so when people come to the site, they see if first instead of going to the specific car..

create a subject in the how too's of what people would like to see, and maybe make links to popular stuff right at the top too, and ohh yeah, make the search button flash really bright so it gets people attention...

my 2 cents..

I agree--we need more structured content. Maybe we should add a FAQ section. Then we would need some (technical) people to take the most outstanding posts and copy them to these forums.

am willing to help anyone out. Just posts like "saw a MSP on I 25" and crap gets annoying. As well as stupid repetitive Q's about cars. For everyone who dosent know how a motor works goto www.howthingswork.com . I am not trying to be a dick but all Honda forums are like this. My car made this noise, well jack the b**** up and find what is making the noise. Dam. Sorry for my ranting

I think you have a great point about repetition but that doesn't bother me personally. As far as dumb questions; this is a forum for people to learn and share knowledge so if your so helpful why not help out the "dumb" question member so you don't see that question again. Hell, the guy/gal you helped may answer the question for the next noob so you don't even have to sweat it ever again. So what if someone asks a seemingly stupid question. If they can't find it on search then what's wrong with helping them out or at worst ignoring them. If this was an "all knowing forum" what the hell would the point be? There are different levels of enthusiasts but most have atleast a little something helpful to provide to the forum. What's wrong with learning? Why you gotta keep noobs down? lol j/k

If somebody needs help with understanding basic mechanics then send them to www.hotstuffworks.com in a post ~ that may actually help them!

enry said:
I agree--we need more structured content. Maybe we should add a FAQ section. Then we would need some (technical) people to take the most outstanding posts and copy them to these forums.
Maybe if you asked TheMAN to link to his FAQ. Even though it was pretty long it has good general information on Proteges and modifications that can be done to it. -just a thought

WOW! cdcbd dont flame anyone buddy. Jesus anyways I have actually met a couple cool people due to this forum. TampaBlackMSP for instance is cool as ****..oh yeah and by the way I have been trying to set a ******* pace by purchasing everything so as to show everyone the difference and so I can install it FOR FREE. While on the subject of contributing.... I am in the process of getting a 3" DP back exhaust made with a optional muffler for under 900 bucks. Oh yeah and after I paid FULL price for my pillar and guages...I am trying to get a group buy toghter for everyone in Tampa to save them some money..b/c I am not a dick. It to bad you dont know me before you try to hate.

I am not pissed off, I was just stating that a change should be made so the newb's can get the help they need and so things can be sorted out better. I was'nt trying to be a dick but you guys that talk s*** can kiss my ass.

cbcbd said:
Maybe if you asked TheMAN to link to his FAQ. Even though it was pretty long it has good general information on Proteges and modifications that can be done to it. -just a thought

Although technically there's nothign wrong with that, I'd rather we develop our own knowledge base than rely on someone else's. Unless The MAN would let me repost it on here, with due credit given, of course!

The members of this forum and their posts adequately represent the demographics this car.

The courtesy and maturity I enjoyed in the Miata.net forums just does not consistently exist on this forum. It does happen from quite a few members but not the majority.

I bought this car because I wanted a great handling car that was an alternative to the cramped Miata. I knew when I bought this car I would be in another demographic of owners.

I agree with Heathen23...this forum is about educating the uneducated, tuning our cars, learning new things, meeting new people.

Aster

Back