this doesn't look too good...

jflo

:
03.5 msp
umm, anyone know what this is a sign of ?

P1010343.jpg

P1010342.jpg

P1010341.jpg

P1010337.jpg

Looks like some kind of exhaust leak to me. Im guessing he is showing you the black sut on his exhaust mani. Check to see if you have any cracks in the mani, or maybe you need a new gasket? not sure...

i think he is showing us the bolts breaking off into the mani, the ones that hold the headshield on (shocked)

the soot isnt really on the manifold though its on the motor mostly. my bet is u need a manifold gasket. no big deal. plus u would hear a leak. ever take the turbo out for anything?

jestermsp said:
the soot isnt really on the manifold though its on the motor mostly. my bet is u need a manifold gasket. no big deal. plus u would hear a leak. ever take the turbo out for anything?

no, never...there was a company that was testfitting a s-pipe a while back, but it never looked like this concurrently after i had my car. i guess i'll have to take off the manifold, and probably get a new gasket than huh ?

might not have to take it all apart. just take all the nuts off that hold the manifold to the engine n try n slide the gasket out. thatd be the easiest way. spray the hell of of everything with pb blaster before you take it apart. gasket should only be like $15 from the dealer.

Back