thinking about buying a used 2010 mazda5 but first......

rat240

:
2010 mazda5
I would like to know how reliable the 2010 model
please let me know i would rather stay away from buying another lemon

I cant speak for the 2010 model, but if it's as good as the 2006 (first Model year in NA) you have nothing to worry about. I've got 174000km on my 2006 and I just did my first "repair" last month, and that was to get my Thermostat replaced. I've been through 1 full set of brake pads, 1 set of shocks, but thats all!!!

I have a few squaks now from the suspension but nothing unusuall for a car with as many miles as I have. I fully expect to get to AT LEAST 350,000km before I move on to my mext car!

Really, not a whole lot of regular issues with this car. The OE tires (Toyo) suck and the OEM shocks and struts are worthelss. Few aftermarket options, but many of us have used KYB GR-2s when replacement came, but some have used Gabriels and some went for a racier setup with coilovers. Mostly its a bit underpowered, but the fun-to-drive suspension makes up for it tons, especially when driven back-to back with a minivan in the same price range. Enjoy.

2010 is a tried and true vehicle. Just flush the ATX every 25,000 miles and deal with the rubber that goes bad in the suspension and it should go a very long time.

I bought a 2010 for my daughter to drive back in march of this yr, had ~32m miles on it, ran good then, all i did was do the drain and fill on the atx, still runs good, she had never said anything bad about it, wife has an 09 5 as well, no complaints from either. Just service the atx on a regular basis.

I have a few squaks now from the suspension but nothing unusuall for a car with as many miles as I have. I fully expect to get to AT LEAST 350,000km before I move on to my mext car!

Remember how last spring I 'soaked' the stabilizer bar rubber bushings with silicon spray lubricant. So far I have not heard any squeaks and we have had -20 celcius occasionally. If it remains this
way then It will be a part of 'winterizing' my mazda5.

How much was it, and which trim line?

And as said before, the '10 has had (most of) the bugs worked out. It's a nice vehicle, it's the best bang for the buck for a vehicle that seats at least six.

Good price, I'm sure you'll like it. The Mazda5 isn't the most sophisticated vehicle out there, but it's the best bang for the buck in vehicles that can hold at least six.

Back