Think im done buying parts for my mild build let me know what you think.

i agree that you should consider FMIC... especially being in pheonix. the difference is amazing.

and again i agree with Knox -- don't worry about the exhaust mani. It's not guaranteed to crack like someone said, so if it ain't broke don't fix it, because it's fine for moderate boost levels, and you're not going to see much difference in power at only 8-10psi.

Intake mani... it would be cool to have. If i had the money i would replace mine, but i have also heard that the Unichips don't like anything but stock very much. so mod at your own risk.

Sounds like a very good setup. I would recommend engine mounts and possibly exhaust hangars, about all i can think of.

cool thanks. Both motor mounts and hangers are on the list for the next round of mods for suspension.

well...lets just leave this subject alone im not sure about this forum but ive had about enough from other forums about the difference and what is better. ill keep the perrin.

the cooler the air your turbocharger takes in, the cooler the air is after it is compressed. it would just help keep the smic from getting heatsoaked as quickly. the perrin unit is fine, but it isnt much of an upgrade, more of a show piece.

the cooler the air your turbocharger takes in, the cooler the air is after it is compressed. it would just help keep the smic from getting heatsoaked as quickly. the perrin unit is fine, but it isnt much of an upgrade, more of a show piece.

werd.

I say if you plan on keeping the perrin which is what you sound likem your dead set on, at least shield it from the rest of the engine bay.
I'm personally running a SRI (I just popped off the stock unit and bolted on a filter) it's temperary. I have no plans of a CAI, with the snow and rain in Chicago, It's too risky. My plan is to run a SRI into the corner a make a shield.

Back