They Are Here!

Good catch. I thought they might be here this month. Was all set to pull the trigger on a CX-5 but after seeing the feature set on the new M3, I decided to wait see. Trading off better technology(better nav, Aha, iLoop, etc) and gas mileage against more room.

some observations: looks to be an I touring

That radio head unit, lol. It looks like they just found something and then pulgged it to the dashboard, but it kinda works. I have seen LCD displays set like this, but not a "non" touchscreen, haha. The CD slot is under the HVAC controls it looks like

The large analog gauge shows MPH, and RPM is shown on the digital screen on the left side of the cluster. In the release photos, that one has the Tachometer as the large analog gauge and MPH is a digital readout

Last edited:
Does anyone have information on when they will show up at east-coast dealers?

Later: I just found out -- will start a separate thread.

Last edited:
some observations: looks to be an I touring

Yep, you're right

The large analog gauge shows MPH, and RPM is shown on the digital screen on the left side of the cluster. In the release photos, that one has the Tachometer as the large analog gauge and MPH is a digital readout

That's how you can tell. i models have MPH in the center gauge and RPMs off to the left. s models with the 2.5L look like the "release photos" as you described them (in actuality, several photos of the i-variation dash have been released previously as well).

That digital tach is growing on me some. Interesting use of that dead space around the gearshift indicator. If the i-model suspension wasn't so much softer I might consider an i GT. Probably not but I might. ;)

Oh and as expected, an American-style front license plate looks absolutely hideous.

yea the plates really look horrible on it, but can't avoid it in cali since its required. If i already haven't gotten a 6 touring i might have opted for a 3s Touring, but funny thing is it cost nearly as much as a 6 touring, haha

Back