the Stance Thread v2.0

I don't think your roller can flatten those flares back down lol. He needs to cut the rear quarter panel off and weld in a new one

Allot of love is all it'll need haha I'm going to go old school hammer and dolly and some heat of course but idc about the paint it's getting fully redone after the body work, thinking of doing 23g any thoughts?

Protege03ak46:5951406 said:
First on the list of body work lol it was not intended I did the baseball bat method that o.g.told me to try and that was my result...I drove the car while a buddy used the bat so I had no idea till one side was already done...
I'm going to pull that whole inner fender well out so the flare is smooth

Bro, send me like 40 bucks plus shipping and ill send you my roller and heat gun...
Thank you for the offer man I got a heat gun and I don't think a roller can push out the fender above my d-bills lol if I hammer up and out it will force the bill into a large flare

sry man metal doesnt stretch, it will not smooth out.

the only way to fix your quarter is to pie cut, straighten the cuts out best you can, re-weld and body filler, or do what circuit said.

unless you've been doing body work for years there wont be much you can do with a dolly, heat gun, and hammer.

AND also, just because you dont have money from your parents, doesnt mean you cant research what your doing, and put some real effort behind it.

jumping into a project blind will give you results, done by a blind person.

You are very right metal does not stretch but by pushing the furthest in portion of the current flare out the outer portion with be forced back down to counter the space being used. I know the body will be far from factory stamped perfect lines but with time and moderate body filler I can get it pretty nice. I've done autobody schooling, including fixing minor dents with hammer and dolly, paint prep and painting the whole car. I know I can't work miracles but I'm not going in blind.. Like I said with the flares I was doing what I was told worked and that's the result I got, nothing I can do but work with it

9 +23 will fit rear correctly with link kit, 2 degrees of -camber, and an easy roll - fronts, different story, aggressive stretch, camber, and fender pull required

Last edited:
A 17x9 + 23 off set should fit with a 205 stretch and a good role and pull with like 3 or 4 degrees of camber right last time I checked ?

Or role and pull almost flare some one correct me if I am wrong

Main: http://mazdafitment.com/2012/05/14/lone-star-miata/

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7365.jpg

Main: http://mazdafitment.com/2012/05/14/lone-star-miata/

If you want stiff springs then don't do neither. From what i hear, I heard that swift is the way to go. If you do a good amount of research I'm sure you'll find plenty of options.

BC's hands down so far in all around quality. No complaints here for having it for almost 5 years.

Last edited:
A 17x9 + 23 off set should fit with a 205 stretch and a good role and pull with like 3 or 4 degrees of camber right last time I checked ?

17x9 +23 offset will need a a good roll and a slight flare. It's highly advised to go with a 205/40 if you have 17" rim. The stretch will make the whole process a lot easier to get to where you want to be. +23 offset is pretty aggressive if you do not have the AAC Rear Link Kit, but still do able. From my experience, 17x9 +35 only needs a roll and fits perfectly with minor camber, 1-3 negative*(varies with stretch).

funkalicious21:5953098 said:

17x9 +23 offset will need a a good roll and a slight flare. It's highly advised to go with a 205/40 if you have 17" rim. The stretch will make the whole process a lot easier to get to where you want to be. +23 offset is pretty aggressive if you do not have the AAC Rear Link Kit, but still do able. From my experience, 17x9 +35 only needs a roll and fits perfectly with minor camber, 1-3 negative*(varies with stretch).
16x8 +0 would be the equivalent of 16x9 +25 correct? Or would it be +13 cause if its +25 then +32-+37 would be perfect for a p5 with roll and camber

Back