The Slammed Life

ok guys long arse day at work.

the 3"- requirement is pretty fair.
my car is 2.6" off the ground at the frame and was #2 on the original but guys 2" and lower struggled to get numbers.... tell me whats wrong with that?

the slammed thread doesnt need to only be for guys who bought coils, pulled out all the collars and push pebbles while they drive. like you guys said people had the f* with their coils just to get a meaningless number but yet it gives people hope and the drive to go lower.. whyturn those guys down?

I put the rules from the original slammed thread in the first post of this thread.

I like how INeedMoarLow tried to put a actual measurement on what would get you a number to remove any interpretation. But you guys are the slammed experts not me and I agree with what Circuit says about not all Mazdas being created equal when it comes to what is slammed.

i fully agree and for some mazdas it is easier to hit that 3"- mark. if you would like it can go something like this:
protege/5: 3"-
mazda miata: 2"-
mazda 3: 1.5"-
mazda 6: 2.5"-

any other ideas and are those measurements pretty close to fair?

High fives good sir.

Committee members:
1 currently active slammed Miata owner
1 currently active slammed Protege owner
1 currently active slammed 6/MS6 owner
1 currently active slammed 3/MS3 owner
1 currently active variable oddball for contention within the group and thread lulz

rhoadblock-m6/ms6 thread mod
civickilla03-pro/5 thread mod
chefsp0t-m3/ms3 thread mod
miata thread mod spot open
INeedMoarLow- oddball thread mod(unbiased)

Why do I have a feeling this thread is gonna 100 people who qualify by years end. That's stupid. It's to easy.
3/4 of the guys on the new list were on the last, the others tried to get on the list after the rules got very very obscure and the popularity contest started.

new entries will be critiqued as felt necessary by the new thread "mods"

ALL NEW ENTRIES WILL NEED TO GET 4/5 THREAD MODS APPROVAL AND A POP-CAN PIC WILL NEED TO BE SUBMITTED

Updated 16x9 +10 rear -1.5 front 16x9 +10 lowered on bc coilover 1.75 from oil pan to the ground...

Front bumper is shoveling snow ;)

What are the new wheels? :D

19x9 +30 and 19x10 +32 Work Euroline DH with chrome faces and polished lips.

This is them. :)

002-23.jpg

i fully agree and for some mazdas it is easier to hit that 3"- mark. if you would like it can go something like this:
protege/5: 3"-
mazda miata: 2"-
mazda 3: 1.5"-
mazda 6: 2.5"-

any other ideas and are those measurements pretty close to fair?

It's not THAT hard to get a mazda3 slammed but it takes serious balls to get lower than 3" from the frame rail or 24" fender to ground measurement. I did it on 19s with stock comparable tires. ;) Now Lax's ms3 on the other hand is totally on the ground but not as many people do that. I think 3" ground clearance is a good starting point.

rhoadblock-m6/ms6 thread mod
civickilla03-pro/5 thread mod
chefsp0t-m3/ms3 thread mod
miata thread mod spot open
INeedMoarLow- oddball thread mod(unbiased)

you are in, rar is in, kid is in, chef is in, YELLOW is in, aj IS is, ak is on, and i may have missed someone lol

3/4 of the guys on the new list were on the last, the others tried to get on the list after the rules got very very obscure and the popularity contest started.

new entries will be critiqued as felt necessary by the new thread "mods"

ALL NEW ENTRIES WILL NEED TO GET 4/5 THREAD MODS APPROVAL AND A POP-CAN PIC WILL NEED TO BE SUBMITTED

Damn this thread takes a lot of reading to catch up. I appreciate the nomination. Not even sure who nominated me but I'd be happy to help out.

19x9 +30 and 19x10 +32 Work Euroline DH with chrome faces and polished lips.

This is them. :)

002-23.jpg

It's not THAT hard to get a mazda3 slammed but it takes serious balls to get lower than 3" from the frame rail or 24" fender to ground measurement. I did it on 19s with stock comparable tires. ;) Now Lax's ms3 on the other hand is totally on the ground but not as many people do that. I think 3" ground clearance is a good starting point.

Damn this thread takes a lot of reading to catch up. I appreciate the nomination. Not even sure who nominated me but I'd be happy to help out.

i made the mods decisions and yea tell me about it... i went to work, came home and had like 10 new members and about 60 posts...

Not so much. Can't think of his name ATM & I don't feel like searching on my iPhone but the boosted P5...Shane? We told him he wasn't really cutting it for the stricter requirements anymore. So it's not it's like once in always in. Honestly after my build I don't even think I'll make the cut anymore. Justin (TGNY) doesn't really make the cut anymore either. I think it's just laziness that he never really got removed. But Justin is cool with it. He's low, but not slammed. And honestly if I had a twin turbo 6, I don't really think I'd care about being slammed either lol.

Just like Lax said in the new stance thread - there was dude posted a hellasunk Miata with no offset/camber. Yeah it was slammed but so many guys have gone so aggressive with the Miata platform it takes a whole lot more to present an aggressive Miata than it did 2 years ago. This is where the interpretation comes in.

I'll def be glad to help out "modding" this thread. As far as I'm concerned the soda can at the bumper/side skirt & keys at the frame rail are always good rules of thumb. Along with the keys at the frame rail. I think one or both of these should be required along with a full body shot for submissions. And with said pics, you need to list your specs.

And remember guys...this number means jack s***. It's just a faggy bragging right to throw at your e-buddies. Don't get butthurt. I remember when Chef first started and was "ok with his functionally aggressive" setup. Now he's picked up some crazy wheels :D

Edit: effin iPhone/otter box case. I'll grammar nazi my post tmw on my laptop.
Edit 2: grammar nazi'd post.

Last edited:
Lol true that man. After a while of looking at stance forums regularly you just feel the need to up your game a bit.

I liked seeing pictures of his car but i can find them elsewhere. No sense in badmouthing someone who isn't coming back. Time to just move on with this thread.

These standards to me now are to be fitted properly and slammed. That's my opinion. Just doesn't seem right anymore without having the two categories together. Anyone can just lower their cars and have it called slammed. Honestly there's nothing special about it.

Slap some fitment and slamming action, then finally getting a number would mean much more. Standards.... w/ value.

I don't think I have seen many people who slam their cars on sunk wheels who don't move on to wider wheels, lower offsets, or at least wider tires to get closer to the fender. As far as fitment goes sometimes you have to cheat, like I did with double front lips, to get the body line as low as you want it. Being totally slammed is just not happening with 19s on a 3 without a lot of work. The tire sizes are too limited. 17s and 18s is another story though. Once you start using smaller sidewalls you can really get low.

ok.. well im not dropping anyone already in.
and the 4/5 mods rule will help alot with it being a few of the sweetest mazdas on here.
i want it to be fair to everyone and as everyone says the number is nothing more than a reason to go lower.
lets set requirements for every entry post:

1. 16oz pop can/mazda key test
2. full direct side shot from the ground.
3. specs(incl. camber, wheel size, tire size, and suspension type)

let me know if im missing anything

Back