The Ronin

Well they do need to be grounded. There's a grounding on the passenger's side motor mount. Then any bare screw on the body should be good on driver's side. Don't remember where I grounded. I'm going out to my car in a bit. PM me your email and I'll send you some photos of my set up for comparison.

Tomorrow I'll remove ballasts + bulbs and test straight from the battery to make sure they're all good .
Tonight while I'm at work I'll see if I can borrow a voltmeter to go about testing the stock wiring

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I'm confused here. Are you using a relay setup or are you powering the ballasts right from the headlight wiring?

I'm confused here. Are you using a relay setup or are you powering the ballasts right from the headlight wiring?
Currently I have it wired with a relay but I want to make a direct connection to make sure the ballast + bulbs are actually working . hids currently do not come on at all
Is there a separate fuse for low beams I could check?

So I went and bought a multimeter , found my 12v low beam trigger and tied into it .
Tested my ballast outputs
Driver side - 6.8
Passenger - .6

Both inputs to ballast avg 12.20

Hids still do not come on at all

Last edited:
Got these done otherwise

5829ab3acad65d1ff4966e27c5a21b56.jpg

Spoke with the retailer , after explaining in detail they still want me to do a direct wired test from the battery before doing a refund or exchange for a new kit .
I'd really like to just have it all working so I can move forward but I don't think I want to wait that long again for shipping from these guys.
Although I highly doubt I'd get two screwy kits in a row ...

For reference this is a Genssi kit + Relay

Went ahead and ordered a kit from ddm tuning 👍

There's a 10% off hids sale until the 30th

Last edited:
Get ready to be flashed everywhere you go heh.

You can angle it with the adjustment screws and the mounting tabs but you will have to aim it super low and peeps will still flash you.
Just comes with owning hids.

Initial plan was to black plastidip - nozzle worked fine for a layer then spat all over everything and never stopped .
So I improvised

941a7dfefb557bc32c15acf052a60fad.jpg

4e34b2b87abd326d21856156bede0fda.jpg

466b1bf94a264f8fb0b3d2bfcf45e071.jpg

Just rattle it silver? Get good quality body supply rattle though. The $30 stuff not $7. Grey primer first right over the red.

Just rattle it silver? Get good quality body supply rattle though. The $30 stuff not $7. Grey primer first right over the red.
I'm keeping it 😊 its a shiny bronze almost maroon in person - has a textured feel with the black splatter.
I think I def want to take it a few shades darker though
I'll do the same effect / color on the rear views
Get the rims done black + tint in the rear

Last edited:
Didn't like the color enough so I edited .

9bff07597e8a1b1e0ae701eabb88e80f.jpg

Plus

d2409843760498369974a04454843cd4.jpg

I didn't cut the edges on the first paint job and it shows :/ , if it bothers me enough I'll do a proper paint in spring

Last edited:
Back