the protege 2.0 engine swap questions...

eromaes

:
2001 mazda protege
has anyone ever had to change their engine and did it them selves? my engine is knocking hardcore dont know how i made it home but im about to start my engine swap today or tomorrow. just trying to find out how difficult it is or if it was just smooth sailing for other people. any info would help. thanks.

p.s. its with another 2.0L engine same as before

well then just have at it...whatever you unplug, plug back in...there should be no issues at all

get a sharpie, a roll of masking tape, and a box of ziplock bags. Everything you unhook, wrap with the masking tape and label. The bolts you take out from each part put in their own ziplock and label with the name of the part.

It'll make it super easy. Nothing worse than spending an hour figuring out where that last connector on the wiring harness goes or if you need to worry about the bolt that's left over being something... important. :)

hey buddy did u end up doin ur engine swap 2.0L? and if anyone knows i m swaping out a 2.0L auto for a 2.0L manual. now i know the wiring harness for the auto is drifferent but couldnt i use the one from the manual trans. The manual is coing out of a 01 protege and going into a 03

hey buddy did u end up doin ur engine swap 2.0L? and if anyone knows i m swaping out a 2.0L auto for a 2.0L manual. now i know the wiring harness for the auto is drifferent but couldnt i use the one from the manual trans. The manual is coing out of a 01 protege and going into a 03

Yes it will work!

Back