The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I picked it up three Mondays ago. I did not have the luxury of time to replace the engine in the 3 so I traded it in on the new 3.
Good deal, congrats!

Will it spin tire neutral dropping it?? I mean it is a rental Prius so this is a valid thing to try while you have it hahahHH
YES.
Not sure. It has a cvt it seems like.. Either way, I don't know how people drive these things.
I bet they don't even care since they sold their soul to drive a soul-less car. Also I believe it's a mandate they must drive under the speed limit.

Wow, you're getting pretty good mileage for that car considering its 30 city 41 highway. I do all city driving and this v6 just gets crap mileage.. just filled up yesterday and got 17.5 mpg, premium no less.

That's all you get in your car? is that the Probe?
I got 16.2 mpg on my last tank of diesel in the F-250. And that included some driving in 4 wheel drive, that is 90% highway. And I have an average of 15.1 mpg over the life of the truck so far.

I really want to go look at the new dodge Eco diesels cause that truck provides all the towing/hauling ability I need and is rated for mid 20s on the highway from a 1500. Down side is none of the local dealers can keep them on the lot. Def want to check them out as that's likely the truck I'd want in a couple years when it's time to replace this truck

I'd be very mindful of EPA claims these days especially from American manufacturers. It used to be you could easily expect to get a few mpg better than the sticker but nowadays they're really stretching the definitions of the EPA tests. Kia and Ford have already been hit with fines and lawsuits because of this. You're better off comparing numbers relatively and not on absolute bases. This is harder with older vehicles because the tests have changed.

Fez... That's funny that's kinda how I feel about the truck... I get 11 city and 14 highway. And don't care. 60 bucks a week in gas is still a hell of slot cheaper than a car payment plus gas haha

Yep.. While I haven't had a car payment in quite awhile, I now have a bike payment. And the bike gets under 30mpg no matter how I drive it. lulz. Justification - FUUUUUNNN. haha!

I really want to go look at the new dodge Eco diesels cause that truck provides all the towing/hauling ability I need and is rated for mid 20s on the highway from a 1500. Down side is none of the local dealers can keep them on the lot. Def want to check them out as that's likely the truck I'd want in a couple years when it's time to replace this truck
Those look nice.

I'm looking forward to the '17 CX-9 with the supposed skyactiv 2.5 turbo as a possible replacement for the Escape in a couple years. Amber mentioned today how nice it would be to have a bigger vehicle.

Looking at the new Aluminum F-150 No Rust Factor), we'll see what the future holds!

I figured they'd still have a steel frame and underpinnings? That's the other thing that bothers me about the Flex (the first being fuel economy) - the thing has more surface rust on the exhaust and suspension components than my wife's '10 Jetta that's going on its fifth Winter.

I figured they'd still have a steel frame and underpinnings? That's the other thing that bothers me about the Flex (the first being fuel economy) - the thing has more surface rust on the exhaust and suspension components than my wife's '10 Jetta that's going on its fifth Winter.

It'll have a fully boxed high-strength steel frame with an additional crossmember.

15800916466_3f6be36754_o.jpg

Nice looking car, I like it more than the CX-5.

Kinda more like AWD Mazda 2, since its based off of that platform. It has a torsion beam axle, unlike the 3. The size seems about Mazda 3 size but that's just from looking at it. The CX-5 I believe is based off the Mazda 3 platform. I like the way the rear end looks on the cx3 compared to the cx5 and also that it is smaller.

If they make it in AWD...that's the awd Mazda 3 everyone has been wanting

Haha! Truth.

Bottom line, Mazda has a pretty sharp line-up nowadays. Kudos to them.

Last edited:
Haha! Truth.

Bottom line, Mazda has a pretty sharp line-up nowadays. Kudos to them.

so Kudos on Kodos!

meh on the cx-3 though. I don't get the tiny suv market, reminds me of Clarkson doing the BMW X6 segment. It's a lot of nice that can't do much of anything well.

So ready for this semester to be over. Ready to have a decent job. END RANT.
Hey everyone.

Back