The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I'm not saying that new cars can't handle well, but why would you take a recipe for success and add several hundred pounds to it? It makes a difference. But hey, if you want a bunch of computers to hold your skirt out of the water for you, that's cool by me. :D

I personally dig the styling of the 80's, but the 90's was the golden era for Japanese performance. Anyone in their right mind can't argue that they're destroying the classics. NSX Hybrid? Need I say more?

I like the NSX Hybrid!

******* Prius!!! There one in the left lane on route 8s this morning going 55/55. That was awesome. Not to mention he never got over. For anyone.

Prius != NSX.

They tell you at the dealership when you buy a Prius that if there is more than one lane going the same direction then the left-most lane is designated as the "Prius lane" and you never have to move. I think they probably even give awards if you can exit the highway from the left lane or something crazy.

I also happen to like the CRZ, Tesla Roadster, and the Fisker Karma. I wouldn't ever buy any of them but I respect the fact that if people insist on making hybrids that they can be performance oriented and not look like a pile of crap.

Any car salesmen out there? I need a car asap and would like to give u guys my business. I need something by Sunday lmk

we've had to do that with mine at Marcs as well, hopefully they can figure it out...

I figured it out for them.......hopefully

they didn't ... so i brought MY jack over there this morning and the young dude (do NOT like him!!) was saying it wouldn't be done by lunch because they are busy and "have to do it one wheel at a time, so it's going to take longer" ... how else do you do it? they dismount/mount/balance 4 tires at a time? i don't ThINK so!!

Well if you guys need any help, let me know. Those sidesills are low but even a monkey could figure out how to work around them.

edit- that Team Ohio tire mounting/balancing machine sounds better and better. haha

no kidding! all they need are a couple pieces of 2" X 8"s from HOME DEPOT and they could have had it all done yesterday, way to accomodate ...

Have you ever tried out White wheel?

no, the only reason i am using this Conrad's is because it is convenient, right across the street from my work. so i can drop it off in the am and walk to work and pick it up later in the day, no need to sit there and wait or have someone drive me ... : /

My day is pretty f'in bad also. Got fired from work, flat tire, and when I went to change my T-stat the bolt on the top snapped off. Can't get it out. So if anyone wants to buy a cheap protege lmk. Im sure there are some parts someone can use? Has new struts on it (KYB's) maybe a month old? Skunk 2 coil overs, new (still in the box) Moog end links, after market motor mounts, strut bar (stock p5's) I have no idea how many miles are on it b/c the speedo don't work. Id take 1,000 obo!

so sorry to hear, Leyland. (and Corey) hope it all works out for you! you two are almost ripe for my "if they didn't have bad luck, they'd have no luck at all" saying : /

keep hope alive! it will get better! : )

countdown to Mid Ohio ... 8.25 hours till the party commences!!

Lauri
If it makes you fell any better I need to jack up my miata a bit to get the arms of the lift to fit or drive up on some 1/2" plywood. The goofy part about that is that my Miata is at stock ride height.

I carry 2x8s in the trunk of my miata. I can't even get the factory scissor jack under, lol.

i'm going to start doing that if i need to take my car anywhere that needs a lift! i'll hit up the Depot for a couple of scraps : )

but all my drama is FINALLY over, mama's riding on four new shoes!! now i can concentrate on mid-ohio once again hopefully without any further distractions ...

I carry 2x8s in the trunk of my miata. I can't even get the factory scissor jack under, lol.

Ha, I haven't carried the spare tire, jack, or anything else in the trunk for 3 years. Just extra weight. :)

I have a can of Fix-a-flat in the P5 but wouldn't use it for fear of it screwing up my wheels or tires. Go go AAA!

I have a can of Fix-a-flat in the P5 but wouldn't use it for fear of it screwing up my wheels or tires. Go go AAA!

How does it screw it up? I could see if you had stupid TPMS, but I doubt it's caustic or anything. My friend that works at Goodyear bitches non-stop about people who use it, but he's the one who has to deal with it. It was hard to resist the "well, that's your job..." :D

I don't know, but now knowing is why I don't want to use it. I mean, it coats the inside of the tire to seal the whole so it's coating the entire inside of the tire. I sleep better knowing that one of my tires wasn't filled with go when I'm doing 85mph.

I've got it for emergency purposes only. ;)

i love the new crz's too, but i will never consider owning it as ahybrid. my dad went to a honda plant and got to talk to a couple engineers who are working on the crz and he told me that they said there is a non hybrid crz si counterpart in the works..... possibly with a turbo instead of vtec.....

Back