The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

How was everyone's weekend?

mostly just studied for my exam tomorrow and watched Ohio State. Nothing exciting.

How was everyone's weekend?

mostly just studied for my exam tomorrow and watched Ohio State. Nothing exciting.

Similar weekend, here. Studied, typed up a big paper, and a small essay. Have an exam in an hour, and one more Thursday evening.

Not much, really. Saturday, just chilled and did nothing! Washed the 6's yesterday, went to see a friend play with the Parma Orchestra and hung out with a few OMS peeps at the Lizard

TSO Saturday night, which is always fun. I actually like the new show. Too bad they were rushed because they had to start late due to a transformer blowing. Sunday was errands and finishing up the Christmas decorations.

I spent about 10 hours of Friday working on the P5. That rusty heap fought us tooth and nail. Nothing went as easy as it should have. Wheel bearings, struts, lowering springs (finally), rear sway bar end links, and lower control arms. We got it all finished and back on the road. Saturday I helped a buddy do some demo on the house he just bought. I spent Sunday chillin with Andrew.

TSO Saturday night, which is always fun. I actually like the new show. Too bad they were rushed because they had to start late due to a transformer blowing. Sunday was errands and finishing up the Christmas decorations.

What kind of work did you have to put in the protege 5 to achieve 215hp

easiest answer: find a MSP set-up w/ ECU

Engines are the same but you would need some sort of engine management via piggyback or standalone.

Exhaust mani
Turbo - plus oil line & coolant line & wastegate
down pipe
Intercooler & Piping
reconfigured intake
BPV or BOV depending on set up
Probably a new clutch to handle the extra power depending on how worn out your's is

There's more, but really just not worth it in my opinion.

easiest answer: find a MSP set-up w/ ECU

Engines are the same but you would need some sort of engine management via piggyback or standalone.

Exhaust mani
Turbo - plus oil line & coolant line & wastegate
down pipe
Intercooler & Piping
reconfigured intake
BPV or BOV depending on set up
Probably a new clutch to handle the extra power depending on how worn out your's is

There's more, but really just not worth it in my opinion.

I have a mp5, and 2 MSP's, one runs one doesn't, just need help putting the 2 together..

I used to have a link to a modification list in my signature. Is it not there/doesn't work (I don't have signatures turned on). But really what Nate said. I was running a MSP turbo setup with just about every bolt on modification available. I could have probably squeezed out some more horsepower with a larger exhaust (was running a 2.4" from Corksport). I want to say I was running 10 psi. I just remember I had done just about everything you could without going to a bigger turbo internal engine work. Before I sold it I was preparing to bump up the boost to 12-14 psi with water/methanol injection and additional tuning.

I wouldn't expect anyone to help out for free.. I know this stuff takes time.. I live in a condominium complex, no garage, no engine lift, just a little of my own power and and tools.

well that was some disappointing news about the corrals today on facebook. :(

We have are looking at other opportunities as of this posting!

I know you've been working hard on some new ideas. I'm going to Mid-Ohio for the Indy/PWC weekend so if I can help out in anyway let me know!

So after nearly 7 months of filling up on my corn mix at the local speedway, the lady I see every time asked me "where do you come up with these amounts of fuel you need every time you come in? They're different every time."

I felt like an idiot trying to explain the mix and and how I have to fill up to her. Lol

So after nearly 7 months of filling up on my corn mix at the local speedway, the lady I see every time asked me "where do you come up with these amounts of fuel you need every time you come in? They're different every time."

I felt like an idiot trying to explain the mix and and how I have to fill up to her. Lol

Should of just said "I'm really excellent at maths and stuff"

Back