The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I'm cool with phasing out the DP's to where all cars are ACO approved. I think that would make for better racing.

Mazda has worked through some of there issues, whereas they were 12-13% off of the leading DP's times, they lowered it to 3%. The transmission issues have been resolved and a new head design has been developd to help with the oil cooling issues that have plagued the 51% stock componet motor. Expect more boost than the current 70psi (35psi for each turbo) going forward in 2015 and a few other updates during the upcoming testing within the next few weeks.

If you remember it took a couple of years for the RX-8's to become competitive and Mazda does all of their testing and development "On Track". I expect noticable improvement next year

I knew they were improving which was great to see, didn't realize they were that close. 70 psi (burnout) is crazy. Good to see Mazda come a long way from the 6.5psi on the MSP (nana). Really hoping they are able to run the full 24 hours at Daytona next year. That to me is better than running competitive times and not finishing.

side note, I miss boost some days...like this morning.

I was wondering why a story about a Pontiac would be relevant...

Haha, I do prefer British terminology. I was asked by the lady at the drug store if I have a Walgreens card and I said "Indeed I do." and she said she liked the way I said that. I'm a classy motherfucker, ya hear!?

Maybe it's not a relevant post but it did lead me to a Lego blog so high five to Sho.

http://lego.gizmodo.com/?startTime=1391713007928

74a8f22c041d29013068fd205687ac0fd29112297c94812927687a9f429c5b2e.jpg

Nate +5 lol points to you.

Patrick, or just turn off your bloody high beams when you see oncoming cars. Why do we need to bring sensors into this? Man, people are getting lazier and lazier... (smh)

haha because when i do then I lose a lot of visibility for the rest of the road. Looking out for deer is really hard with just low beams. and you have to turn them off well in advance when approaching another car. Also when following a car. Been a couple times a deer has ran between me and the car in front of me. City Slicker sheesh

From my sources, the Speed Production Teams were let go for the most part and replaced with the NASCAR Production Teams, i.e Senior Producers, etc. I agree with the whole greed part with IMSA, as it was not only felt by the teams, but fans as well! We used to do a lot with IMSA/ALMS, but they were charging $1100 for parade laps, whereas Grand-Am charged nothing at all!

Until they get a B O P ( Balance of Performance) for DP's and the P2 Classes it is will still basically be a DP Dominant Series and even more teams will leave, i.e. Giansco, Muscle Milk just to name a few......

I have to agree with the Big G on this one. I have complained about the ticket prices since the merger happened.

Grand-Am ticket prices were really reasonable, but after the merger the prices have doubled at a minimum....

Edit: The price of tickets are one of the main reasons why I haven't gone to some of the races this year.

Last edited:
Saw a gen 2 rx-7 vert that looked in great condition this morning. That's about all my excitement so far today.

Saw a gen 2 rx-7 vert that looked in great condition this morning. That's about all my excitement so far today.

I never liked the convertibles. They just look... weird. I have nothing against convertibles in general but those from the 80's were something else. The best-conditioned FC's are always convertibles with owners asking way too much for them.

I never liked the convertibles. They just look... weird. I have nothing against convertibles in general but those from the 80's were something else. The best-conditioned FC's are always convertibles with owners asking way too much for them.

The top was up, top down they do look a little disproportionate

It's pretty slow in here so I'm going to bore you guys some more with a proud dad moment. Just opened up a 529b account for Carter. In 18 years I can help pay for college or have a bunch of money to blow on myself if he doesn't choose to go. Plus annual tax deductions for money invested.

It's pretty slow in here so I'm going to bore you guys some more with a proud dad moment. Just opened up a 529b account for Carter. In 18 years I can help pay for college or have a bunch of money to blow on myself if he doesn't choose to go. Plus annual tax deductions for money invested.

money for the Camaro?

What a good dad. (lol2)

Back