The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

Nothing major for me. Just stuff around the house and some oil changes. Is Rotella 15-40 what everyone raves about?

Will hopefully get some more work done on the RX7 although Saturday is Ian-Dad day. Does anyone know/have opinions on vehicle evap/emissions systems?

bring up walmart price for T6 on your phone. show Autozone and they will price match it. $21 per gallon

It would've been more of a heads up for you guys, I left Napa with 6 qts at $3.79ea plus 20% my entire order. Just seems really expensive for daily driver to go with the Rotella.

It's not too bad. I've been using Pennzoil Platinum lately, and it's a bit more expensive than rotella.

Welp, it's official. The ms3 is getting registered in Cincinnati. Echecks scanner says all my monitors are "not ready" even after hooking up all the emissions crap and driving around on a new map with no codes disabled for over 500 miles. Sucks, but oh well.

Remember that a drive cycle doesn't necessarily mean miles. It takes into account how many times the key is cycled as well

I start and shut off my car at least 10 times a day due to work. Highway miles, city miles, lots Of idle time Too.

Hell, I followed this to a tee as well and they still show not ready.

Last edited:
Not saying that you don't know what you're doing, just wanted to make sure you knew about the key cycles ;)

Welp, it's official. The ms3 is getting registered in Cincinnati. Echecks scanner says all my monitors are "not ready" even after hooking up all the emissions crap and driving around on a new map with no codes disabled for over 500 miles. Sucks, but oh well.

Why not just have them put it on the rollers?

they won't do that for 2006 or newer, I'm gonna have to open a PO BOX outside Cuyahoga for mine since I have 2 monitors pending.

They will put it on the rollers. We did it to my brothers old 07 Vue. There was an evap purge valve gone bad and he couldn't get parts in time, so I gave him my scanner, and he reset all the codes right before going into echeck. It showed "not ready"so he got tossed to the rollers. No check engine light is the key.

They will put it on the rollers. We did it to my brothers old 07 Vue. There was an evap purge valve gone bad and he couldn't get parts in time, so I gave him my scanner, and he reset all the codes right before going into echeck. It showed "not ready"so he got tossed to the rollers. No check engine light is the key.
Did the driveshaft help?

I found a trick new location for the vacuum manifold in the RX7. I was quite pleased with myself on Saturday. Does anyone know anything about charcoal canisters? I know they store air and fuel vapor from the fuel tank until they can be sucked into the engine but do they serve any purpose if vented to the atmosphere? I don't have the valve that regulates the flow into the intake manifold so I can't just hook it up with some fuel line. If the canister will still "scrub" some fuel vapor before venting it I'll keep it because I don't want the garage smelling like gas and being a fire hazard. If not, I'll pull the the thing and all it's related hardware back to the gas tank...

Back