The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

I know theres a fair share of folks that wont come to meets anymore over the ball busting of liking drag racing at the strip over autox

I like autocross and track days as much as anyone, but I'll never talk bad about drag racing. It is still racing and I respect that, and the people who like it even if it isn't my favorite type.

I will talk bad about standing around in a parking lot comparing penis sizes for no reason.

^^^ oh lordy, yes. Unless you have a heated garage and it's above 65 degree. ;)

^^^ lol

I was waiting for a response like that from you, William...

What are you dipping, 5characters?

I painted the camo on the miata when it was starting to dip into high 40s/low 50s. I pre-heated the cans in hot water. I only had an issue with the green, it was super thin and bubbly. Dunno.

I like autocross and track days as much as anyone, but I'll never talk bad about drag racing. It is still racing and I respect that, and the people who like it even if it isn't my favorite type.

I will talk bad about standing around in a parking lot comparing penis sizes for no reason.

That's the whole point of natefest :(

+1
Your priorities change as you evolve and get older. As a kid, I used to love Drag Racing, Motocross and the like.......I got away from racing for quite awhile and when we got Lauri's 6, got back into going to watch races and after to talking to Charles Espenlaub, Jeff Altenberg, Randy Pobst and others.....we started auto-xing and then into HPDE's........Like Will I do not begrudge anyone's passions, just like I respect the fact that people can do whatever they want to their cars. One man's rice is another man's filet mignon!

Emblems: my rear MAZDA and the Logo will not stay on when I peel off the excess, however the front logo worked just fine. I was thinking it was temp because the front emblem is close to the door into the house and the heat from inside, whereas the rear emblems are closer to the garage door. I have been keeping the spray inside to keep it warm. so naturally I backed into the garage and same thing happened, when i peel off the excess it pulls off what i don't want it to, next step was to razor blade around the logo.

Yeah, it's pretty cold. They probably aren't curing correctly. Are you peeling off the excess dip within about 5 mins? You can't let it harden up too much or it won't break at the seams.

I use to drag (race) as well, there are no options for anything else in the motherland, unless you live in the capital and have tons of money. I might take the car down and see what it can do, but it doesn't do it for me anymore.

Pringles should come out more often, didn't see him on Sunday.

Yeah, it's pretty cold. They probably aren't curing correctly. Are you peeling off the excess dip within about 5 mins? You can't let it harden up too much or it won't break at the seams.

Yeah I did 5 coats from different angels, 15 minutes apart then 10 minutes after my last spray I peeled the tape off then let it sit, fail! I pulled off the dip on them emblems with the excess.

Then I repeated the same steps but tried to peel the excess off the same time as the tape, it was still wet and didn't peel off.

Then last night I sprayed way too much and pulled the tape and excess off pretty much after the last spray dried and let the dip sit on the emblems over night, then this morning when I went to check on em' it was peeling off.

I figured it was the temp so I'm gonna wait till it warms up and tackle the rear again.

Sorry but i gotta ask, you're cleaning the emblems really well before the first coat too, right? I usually use rubbing alcohol on a clean towel to wipe them down really well. Surface prep is key when painting, as I'm sure you know.

But yeah, probably just too cold. Stupid Ohio weather...

Back