The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Forecast says mid to high 60's going up to 80 around non with no rain. Should make for a nice ride. If I have any legs left I'll be doing things around my house and my mom's the rest of the weekend. Grass needs mowed pretty bad.

What does everyone else have planned this weekend?

I've got some yard work to do. The damn bushes are going to take over if I don't cut them back soon. Other than that there's Rolex race on TV tomorrow, I've got a soccer game on Sunday, and hopefully I'll be doing some RX-7 work where I can fit it in.

got my (old) roomate Phil's wedding this weekend...
rehearsal dinner tonight, wedding tomorrow, and recovering on sunday

the wedding should be a good time... reception is at the Pittsburgh Zoo! pretty pumped about that lol

I hope to clean up my car and check a few things with it on saturday in preperation for my first autocross on sunday. Jen has to work 2-10 so I will have to get on it early.

Friday is painting a room. Saturday is autox and a brake job. Sunday is autox and going to the beach if its nice. Also a nap in there if possible

Forecast says mid to high 60's going up to 80 around non with no rain. Should make for a nice ride. If I have any legs left I'll be doing things around my house and my mom's the rest of the weekend. Grass needs mowed pretty bad.

Work, birthday party, work.

Big southern ohio ride on the back of the most uncomfortable bike on the face of the planet

Work on the car... Drive it...???

We're going to Riddle state nature preserve this weekend :D
Old growth forest ftw!
Yep.

I might have continued working on cramming a projector in my fog lights... but i've given up on that. Not gona' fit nice like the OE, gotta' cut up the inside of my nice bumper, and i don't want to cut up some more nice lexus/protege fog light assemblies -_-
Me sad.
...My dad says i should mount them on my roof for when i go off road-ing...
Wtf.
Maybe our hyundai wants some lights.

The mazda6 wiper switch i bought works though, that was pretty easy to do. The switch came from a car that had a rear wiper, but it still works on the protege sedan... that part just doesn't do anything.

Maybe sunday i'll be making a funny box to ship some stock MSP springs to cleveland...
Yayy, someone wants stock msp springs!

Well, I was able to spend some time with the P5 in the garage. I found the source of a rattle that I thought was a heat shield that I needed to rip out. Turns out it was a fairly large bolt with some sort of spacer wedged in the shift linkage, exhaust and cross member. Good thing is I most likely solved 2 issues, the rattle and an intermittent problem shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Funny how that happens. The only thing is I have never worked around that area. Evan was close when he installed my short shifter but I don't think he was working where I found it since it was closer to the trans. I also got a new battery hold down installed. Cheapo universal but it will do the job.

edit: I would post a pic of said bolt and spacer but I am a tech retard with a dumbphone.

Last edited:
Hey you, don't blame your rear motor mount bolt on me! I never touched it, I tells ya! haha

Sucks it came loose but at least you found out what was rattling and once re-installed your motor will feel so much better without any slop. I've got a spare nut in the car and we'll try to get it sorted in the morning, buddy.

Thomas IV was born 6lbs 13oz, 21 inches long yesterday 8/7 at 9:20am

Everyone is doing just fine. Amber is so tired (i am too, but can't be as tired as she is) and doing well. We go home tomorrow, but no menchies for us.

Congrats to you and Amber on the new addition! :)

This was today, and the only thing planned was running some errands, mowing the lawn and a steak dinner. lol

Busy but productive day today. Tamz dad called me at a 7:15am to ask if my 'garage' was open. He got a flat tire going into work so I went up and put his donut on while he was working. Got finished up just as he was getting back to the depot. Tire was shredded and steel wheel had some bends, guess he drove on it for quite a bit. Got lucky and the local junkyard had one in stock, $35. Drove over to pick it up along with some other errands. Came home and mowed the lawn and then got on the roof to screw down, silicone the cap on our chimney. Two bolts gave creating a nice gap where some yellow jackets were nesting. Jared leaned into his wall while playing Xbox and a good size caved in...it's all wet! Spots about 6" x 8" and in the middle of the wall. Checked outside and all looks good but got new windows last year, so maybe leaking somewhere there? Did find that the flashing on that chimney had some loose silicone so wondering if the water is getting in there and just making it's way down to that portion of his wall. Kaila got the nerve up to get behind the wheel and back out of the driveway, even went around the block once. A little nervous but she is doing good! Just got back from a steak dinner with the in-laws celebrating both of our anniversaries from back in May. Now I'll sit back and relax the rest of the night.

Tomorrow Jared and I leave early for the Cheez It 355 up in Watkins Glen. Sitting in the 3rd section, 25th row of the Frontstretch. While going through the guide I got with our tix, I was surprised to see that The Glen had an app. Downloaded it earlier and it should come in pretty handy tomorrow. Any of you know if other tracks have the same, Mid-Ohio, Indy, LRP, etc?

Hey you, don't blame your rear motor mount bolt on me! I never touched it, I tells ya! haha

Sucks it came loose but at least you found out what was rattling and once re-installed your motor will feel so much better without any slop. I've got a spare nut in the car and we'll try to get it sorted in the morning, buddy.

Never touched it? Wutevr. I know you have nothing to do with it, I just said you were close to it but not that close. After a 2+ hour fiasco I found a new bolt and 2 washers and 2 nuts. If any of you guys ever need fine threaded metric bolts don't bother with Home Depot. I went to the Home Depot in Ashland ~20 minute drive. No bolt that matched length wise and no fine thread nuts. So off to Menards in Ontario/Mansfield ~25 minute drive. They had what I needed but of course no time to do it tonight so hopefully we can get it done in the morning.

I just had a thought. I wonder if the people that installed the replacement engine dropped the bolt and never found it and used another bolt leaving the original for me to find 18 months after I buy the car. I would accept that. Since I really don't want to fight with it in the morning.

Very productive day! Polished & waxed the winter mobile, polished & waxed the 7. Washed, polished and waxed & washed the 6. Also changed the oil & cabin air filter in the 6. I can't remember the last time i was able to polish/wax & wash the 6. It was really bad. The 6 just turned over 52,000 & she's a little over 7 & a1/2 years old. Turned out gorgeous btw:

IMG_20130810_184803_187_zpsacc454b5.jpg

IMG_20130810_184447_242_zps268e1544.jpg

Last edited:
Back