The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Has anyone run those before? For the MS3 they are 40 for the front and 27 for the rear. I need to replace mine but don't know what to get

Unless you're regularly racing go for the cheapest blank rotors you can find unless you want the "look." Money is better invested in brake pads and tires.

Unless you're regularly racing go for the cheapest blank rotors you can find unless you want the "look." Money is better invested in brake pads and tires.

I agree. I believe those were the rotors I put on the FC 2 years ago, but I can't remember cause I got them from Oriley.

I just don't want some super cheap crap rotor that will warp. I just replaced the lines/fluid/pads last night (with help) but my rotors were a little more warn than I anticipated

Warping of the rotor really isn't warping of the rotor, its deposits of pad that melt into the surface of the rotor. That's why you go cheap blanks, and then spend your money on a quality pad.

Warping of the rotor really isn't warping of the rotor, its deposits of pad that melt into the surface of the rotor. That's why you go cheap blanks, and then spend your money on a quality pad.

and bed the pads in properly.

Yeah, this. If you think you've warped a brake rotor go find an empty street and do a bunch of hard stops from moderate-to-high speeds. That should fix any issue.

This is what I do.

I just don't want some super cheap crap rotor that will warp. I just replaced the lines/fluid/pads last night (with help) but my rotors were a little more warn than I anticipated

I run high temperature track only pads on my Miata on cheap NAPA blank rotors. I've never had an issue. When I did the front brakes on the Speed3, I used Advance Auto rotors. You will be fine as you do as the others have said... Bed the pads in per the pad manufacturer's recommendation.

Last edited:
I warped one of my stoptech drilled/slotted rotors. Patricks Dad actually had a good test for it. Set the rotor on the ground and pushed down at opposite corners. The thing rocked back and forth on completely flat ground. Any braking at highway speeds was shaking the steering wheel like crazy

Go with blanks, mine have been great since i replaced em

Last edited:
just called advanced and front rotors are 115 per rotor. Its the only one they carry that fits our cars. So checking around. kinda want to have them on soon.

just called advanced and front rotors are 115 per rotor. Its the only one they carry that fits our cars. So checking around. kinda want to have them on soon.

The ones from autozone we put on my car at your house were $53 a piece. I think i still have one of the boxes, ill see if i can get you a part #

Patrick, your local auto zone should be able to have them transfered there to you. I went in around noon and they had em for me at 5:30 the same day.

Back