The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

images

Where did you order them from, Peaches?

Discount Tire, I had a good experience with the Contis so I went back. He said they'll send the right one out and have UPS come pick this one up.

Haha! Well if you have any questions, give me a call. :)

My only question is. Why didn't he send all of the pieces? I didn't have the 2 pieces that the rear cross bar bolts to, and the filler strip for the passenger side. I have a friend with a machine shop so it was no biggie to make something up to hold the cross bar. The filler strip is, well a different story.

This is the cat from Washington? Or Rico? Have you contacted him asking where his pieces are? Is Phen's P5 already in the crusher or is it still a flower pot at his parents?

It's still sitting at my parents house, but I won't be back there until after LRP. We can snag anything you need for it.

I might snag a couple parts like the glove box door, gauge bezel plastic and little pieces like that. :)

But I'm sure Larry would like roof rack parts.

Guys, hopefully you wil vote for our local team

Just wanted to get this out to the community so Mazda Owners can vote and try to help Team Sahlen and Mazda win this.

Voting is now open for the 2012 Rolex Moment of the Year and Team Sahlen’s win at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca is one of the five! Voting will be open through midnight ET on Sunday. If you would like to promote this via social media the website address is www.grand-am.com/rolexmoments.

received the right size tire, gonna have it mounted, oil changed (free wiper blades), put on the battery I got from pumpkin and get the estimate for the brakes

getting closer to having it running

"Weeeeeeeelllllllllll..." lol!

Glad to hear she's coming along. It's starting to look like fall already. This summer went by super fast. :(

ok, both tires are on, got my free wipers and oil change. New brake lines need to be run to to the back, he recommended not taking the stock ones off since they're pretty rusted and might be stuck to the fuel lines, that's gonna run me $400

that does seem a little high at 8x what you paid for the car...

brake lines scare me, I would just pay it to have it done too. Maybe shop around first?

**** brake lines. All the little bends routing through the engine bay and under the car, plus if you don't flare them right and seal them perfectly they will leak. I'm sure Kevin and Wes will agree too. I'd pay a shop to do them as well.

edit- Thomas, speaking of "easy", did you pull that motor from the junk yard last weekend?

I did not, I got up there, and of the three cars I was looking at two were there, neither had the v6, both were v8's, then it started pouring.

Back