The "Official" Mazdas247.com Gran Turismo 5 Racing League

so i think it would be fun as hell to get a small league going for the people around here.

heres a few ideas ive had
-- do only one-make races, announce the car, track, and number of laps about 4-5 days in advance of each challenge
-- 3 races per week, all at a time TBD
-- my thoughts on time: sunday at 8PM ET
-- use only mazda cars, from the FSZE protege to the 787b. theres a good 50 "unique" mazdas so it wont get tiring too quickly (theres like 40 miatas, haha)
-- maybe do 6 weeks of racing per league "season"?
-- use a point system to determine standings. at the end of the "season", remove each persons worst 6 races (so if you miss a week or two it wont screw you)

i also thought it might be fun if we put down small amounts of cash at the beginning of each season. im thinking 20-25 bucks... some ideas for that
-- use end-of-year standings
-- reward finishing first in individual races, maybe make it so no one can win more than once a week, or more than a certain number of times per season.
-- pay for best laps
-- have something a little more "fun" like "worst wreck" or something
-- some combo of those.

if we had 12 people at 25 each, we could pay $60/40/20 at the end of the season and do $10 for first place in each race, and limit the number of first place payouts to 3 per person each season.

put your thoughts in... would you be up for making it a paid league? would you join if it was a non-paid league? whats a good time for you? what would you change on my ideas?

Currently Interested:
1.) yudkib
2.) psycho-joe
3.) THMotorSports
4.) joka1
5.) Goliat6288
6.) dave_PEI
7.) drewzilla1981
8.) Antoine

Last edited:
I think a non paid league would be better. I do like the idea of one make races and a points system. :D

forgot to include these in the list of ideas:
-- each week, have a "class" A, B, and C car. protege would be a C, MS Atenza would be a B, 787b would be an A. not sure where RX7 and RX8 would fit in.
-- also in each week, have a variety of course difficulties... beginner, advanced, and technical. something like Tsukuba would be beginner, Grand Valley would be advanced, Cote d' Azur would be technical.
if we have a six week season, each "class" of car would race on each difficulty of track twice.
-- have a drift week, endurance week (one race worth triple), and if theres enough 4WD mazdas in GT5 for it, a rally week.

i wish we could do an unrestricted week, but since getting cars is kind of a grab bag and is highly, highly dependent on your level/finances, i dont think it would be fair.

I'm in if someone buys me a PS3 and GT5 :) Sounds like fun, maybe us 360 owners could do something with Forza

get your own stupid league!!!
how many mazdas are in forza, like 3? maybe 4?

to be fair, i was a die-hard PS/GT guy, but after seeing the exclusive PS3 titles compared to the exclusive 360 titles, ive regretted my decision. MGS was pretty good but it wasnt the best in the series, and from a lot of what i read forza 3 sounded better than GT5, which is pathetic considering GT5 is a year newer, on better hardware, and had a bigger development budget.

we need more people. being that they completely started from scratch as opposed to building upon many years of development of the previous games explains why it is not that great. they need to fix a lot and I believe all the patches and work still being put in will give it a better life cycle than that of Forza games.

we need more people. being that they completely started from scratch as opposed to building upon many years of development of the previous games explains why it is not that great. they need to fix a lot and I believe all the patches and work still being put in will give it a better life cycle than that of Forza games.

Forza is meant to come out with a game ever 2 or so years. Its what they do, I don't like waiting 5+ years for a racing game ;)

But Forza has:
2009 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing B09/86
2009 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
1994 Mazda Miata
2007 Mazda MX-5 Roadster Coupe
2001 Mazda Mazdaspeed Roadster
1997 Mazda RX-7
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
2004 Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed
2005 Mazda Axela Sport 23S
2001 Mazda Mazdaspeed Familia
1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7
2011 Mazda 2

Wish they had more classic Mazda's. But when you max out the FD RX7 with a ****** and all the mods, you cant even handle it, burns rubber through 4th. So balla' lol!

But I sold my PS3 awhile ago, when I do buy it I most likely wont buy GT5, don't hear enough good things about it, and Forza4 comes out in 2011! :D

Im down:
Online name is joke1979

I am only at level 17 now but me and my wife are working on that :) Went from level 10 to 17 today...........

Anybody want to lend me a 79 or earlier race car? I can't find a car for the Expert series Historic racing car cup. Me and my wife are on level 20 and that is the last race in Expert we have left.

Rob

I am level 21 right now. I agree that we need more people before we start.

id do it... it might give me more ambition to play the game... i'll come back and post my user name when i get home and remember exactly what it is

First of all...Very cool idea! (2thumbs)

I've got the North American version of GT5 here in Japan but I haven't created an online account yet...I just started playing the game a little, currently in my garage is a lightly modified Demio...:p

I don't have that much time to play but mark me as a possible!

Back