The Next Scion Type Brand

protegeV said:
wouldnt surprie me at all...
It doesn't surpise me either. I think its a good idea to get more small cars in this country.

Smart will be available next year.

If this works out for them, I guess you can call it a... "Smart move".

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

"As a dealer in California, it would be a home run here," says Mark Normandin, owner of Normandin Chrysler-Jeep in San Jose, Calif. "Look at how well Scion was received..."

Hey Mark, you forgot one little detail. A Scion's a Toyota and this is a Chrysler. (shrug)

they arent doing bad at all...The SRT-4, in fact, the NEON altogether is going away next year, so perhaps they're coming out with something new under a new name...

the thing that ticks me though, Scion and this upcoming 'youth' Chrysler brand are all just marketing ploys to get 'em young into their brands. They could've easily sold them under either Toyota or Dodge and it'll do well.

I agree. It's kind of the opposite of what went on when Lexus, Acura & Infinity were created.

Dodge missed out on the real youth market a couple years ago by not producing the Dodge Razor.

all the people that toyota, nissan, and honda tried to keep buying thier products by creating lexus, infiniti, and acura are dying off...now they need to get the new generation into their cars.

i see a LOT of kids these days that arent seeing anything so interesting that they MUST have it, so they say screw it I dont need to spend all my money on a car, and they get a kia or hyundai.

The big carmakers are prolly trying to counter that by getting these kids into cars again.

Roywhitep5 said:
i say miatas for all!!!!
I have a Miata! There's nothing wrong with developing a youth brand car. The problem I see with it is that young people will not be the ones buying them. I see the BabyBoomers buying them. I went to a Scion dealer to look at the tC and there was 3 babyboomer couples looking at the xA and xB. I could never see my parents in either.

the only scion i would buy is the tC. in fact, if i needed a new car now, the first place i would go is to the nearest toyota dealer and test drive the tC.

Back