The Moderately Low (Not Slammed) and Functional Thread

SDC10767.jpg

Awesome thread idea! Slammed thread is way out of control...too many critics :)
Needs more poke, needs more sunk, needs more stretch, needs more meat, need more low... blah blah blah!

225/50/16 Dunlop Direzza Z1s, which would have killed the old 1.6 SOHC auto. So I had to upgrade the engine to fit the tires.

Low enough, but has enough ground clearance to maintain sane suspension travel and venture in places the herrafrush culture only sees in brochures.

e11a8751.jpg

d841a827.jpg

c4ab3738.jpg

PS - first sentence is sarcasm-ladden, the V6 swap induced the tire change, not the other way around. I don't think the KLDE would have been happy with 165/85/14 tires.

I'm honored to share both a thread and a tire size (in the basement going on next) with that beauty of a car... I can't wait to see how the Star Specs handle over my RS-2s

The only downfall I see to this thread is, what makes this any different than your average "post a pic of your lowered car" thread? Obviously function is a priority here but are people gonna start a pissing contest about who's more functional than the next... Or bash on others who aren't functionally lowered...

i dont think the kind of people that have been posting in here are going to start a pissing contest... but they may bash others who arent functionally lowered.

odds are not though.

this isnt the slammed thread.

everyone is pretty civil here.

225/45 R18 Dunlop SP Sport Signatures on the DD wheels. The car is lowered on Mazdaspeed Hatchback springs with Bilstein shocks.
225/45 R17 around 17x7.5" Enkei RPF1's for autox duty...I need to get some current shots of the car on this setup.

IMG_0186_2-1.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

I think I need to relocate to this thread. My car not really slammed anymore

goliat, you are right that some are cool but alot have an elitist attitude and that rubs alot of people the wrong way...

Back