The Mazda MPV Bright Stylish M'z Custom

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
Mazda_MPZ_001.jpg

Mazda_MPZ_002.jpg

In Europe, the Mazda line up proposes a nice offer of 7 vehicles, from the small Mazda 2 to the BT50 pick up truck, in the USA, take the 1st one off and add 2 SUVs to match the demands of the market with the CX-9 and Tribute.

In Japan it's a whole different story, Mazda's line up is made of 28 vehicles.
Among those that we don't have the pleasure to see on our roads is the MPV that we had the pleasure to test drive some months ago.

The MPV also is the car that Mazda E&T (Engineering & Technology) picked to work on a special edition known as the Mazda MPV Bright Stylish M'z Custom. Behind this long name that the Japanese love there aren't many modifications other than the sweet body kit, front grille and alloy rims.

Under the hood lies the 2.3 litres inline 4 DOHC motor, the gearbox is automatic (4 or 6 speeds) while the power is transmitted either to the front or all wheels as always. From 2.870.000 to 3.140.00yen, the real question is whether or not such goodies will stay available to Japanese customers only or cross the borders and hit some of the vehicles that the "Zoom Zoom" manufacturers sells nearby.

- Nihon Car

Crikey! I wish my 2006 Ford Freestar SEL looked liked that. Sadly, Ford's minivan styling is crap. And on top of that, they produce to most fuel inefficient engines in the minivan lineup. With a 4.2L V6 @ 201 hp and 263 ft/lb of torque....yay. I don't care much about the unimpressive numbers.
It is a good thing that they are shutting down (after 2008) their plants to make minivans, because they are horrible. Besides how cheap they are (to purchase), and their crash testing ratings, Ford has lost badly in this competition to produce a good minivan. Now that the CUVs are taking over, the mode of transportation for small families, we hope to get into a Mazda CX-9 in the next 2-3 years.

By the way, thanks for the pics. The MPV looks pretty cool with the after market add-ons, especially the shiny black one.

Stylish is not just some fancy marketing word...That MPV really is Stylish!

It's actually quite attractive! :D

if marketed and equipped correctly I bet this mpv could go pound for pound with the toyota sienna and honda oddesy..

alas.. we'll never see it.

Back