The King has been Dethroned!?!?

Cobalt SS > MS3? Nah, it might be .3tenths faster in the 1/4 stock but that doesn't make it own a MS3.

What do you mean my Ford having that Heads in their Asses? You make it sound like the MS3 is a piece of shyt or something..

No one ever said the MS3 was a FORD.

Im a car fan and really don't care if the SRT4/COBALT SS/CIVIC SI>MS3. The MS3 is the perfect car for me, that doesnt mean it's better than the other cars mentioned.

P5> all those cars combined........

ed zachory

LOL, but the fan boys did come out swinging. I cant wait to see what it can do. I hope this will push mazda to possibly keep up the sport compact fight. I would hope that someone at Mazda Corporate would realize that now is not the time to pull the speed3 out, especially with the Mitsu coming online with the ralliart, dodge and the srt subaru revaping the wrx and VW pumping up the power in the next gti.

This always happens to me . . . I decide to bite the bullet and get the best car on the market (in its category), only to have another car, of lesser quality, be faster . . . Same thing happened with my SVT Focus and the SRT 4. The focus was better quality but was much slower . . . in this case, the MS3 is only a little slower and is a much better car for me, so I am still happy, although somewhat bummed that it is slower than the cobalt . . .

Now, if Ford does bring over the RS/ST, I will really be bummed . . . but I doubt that will ever happen as their bean counters would rather sell the base focus and are not interested in making anything fast anymore (thus the disbanding of SVT . . . well, other than the Shelby).

This always happens to me . . . I decide to bite the bullet and get the best car on the market (in its category), only to have another car, of lesser quality, be faster . . . Same thing happened with my SVT Focus and the SRT 4. The focus was better quality but was much slower . . . in this case, the MS3 is only a little slower and is a much better car for me, so I am still happy, although somewhat bummed that it is slower than the cobalt . . .

Now, if Ford does bring over the RS/ST, I will really be bummed . . . but I doubt that will ever happen as their bean counters would rather sell the base focus and are not interested in making anything fast anymore (thus the disbanding of SVT . . . well, other than the Shelby).

Well it was just announced that fiat wil also be coming back to the US, so there are alot of great sport compacts coming for the spot soon. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=125323#2

It's a game you will always lose. (unless you have unlimited funds)

besides, the MS3, SRT4, Cobalt SS and the like are only Kings of the turds. We're the top of the s*** heap! We're nippin at the heels of cars that are only slightly less bad and turd heapy! YAY!

Yeah once you buy a car it's a turd after just 2yrs, kinda sucks.

I think I'm gonna buy a BMW 335i next yr.

No one ever said the MS3 was a FORD.

Im a car fan and really don't care if the SRT4/COBALT SS/CIVIC SI>MS3. The MS3 is the perfect car for me, that doesnt mean it's better than the other cars mentioned.

P5> all those cars combined........

What is a P5? That's not that mazda wagon with like 130hp is it?

Okay so that car is better than all the others in the segment?

Why Not? It took care of my needs, which were: good on gas, comfortable daily driver, fun to drive, great handling, plenty of space, good looking....... the only problem I had with it was parts were so expensive :(........the MS3 has now taken it's place, good replacement IMO.

Why Not? It took care of my needs, which were: good on gas, comfortable daily driver, fun to drive, great handling, plenty of space, good looking....... the only problem I had with it was parts were so expensive :(........the MS3 has now taken it's place, good replacement IMO.

Oh I see! So you must not be too big into the performance aspect, Gotcha.

Im big into performance, but there's much more to owning a vehicle than HP and 1/4 mile IMO. I tend to prefer handling and Fun to Drive Factor.

Nothing wrong with that at all but I do like to have the HP to go fast and going fast is fun in my opinion. I drive my friends RX8 quite often and it's not as fast as the speed 3 but it's fun, if only that car had about 100 more hp...

For some reason I don't think a P5 with all it's 130hp would be as fun to drive as a MS3. Maybe I'm wrong.. I think I'll cry myself to sleep if the answer is yes.

Last edited:
the bottom line is that it only run 0-60 and 1/4 faster than we do. its ugly and all teh other tests done puts us on top

Last edited:
besides, the MS3, SRT4, Cobalt SS and the like are only Kings of the turds. We're the top of the s*** heap! We're nippin at the heels of cars that are only slightly less bad and turd heapy! YAY!

LOL so were sorta like the smartest kid with downs syndrome?

Seriously tho, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just like rod was saying the p5 is better than all these cars, if thats what you are looking for, then damn right, thats the best car. Edmunds, R&T, C&D, whatever...all of those are great at giving you a comprehensive review of the car, but in the end, what they say is only a guide for you to choose what you like best.

all cars are good srt4 ,ss, and ms3.....Its your choice witch one you will get If I have opportunity to choose again I will chose ms3 any day

I've got a soft spot for the Cobalt (unlike the Caliber)and it's nice to see some competition, but I picked the ms3 for several reasons: speed, utility and the reasonable gas mileage and it has yet to disappoint. I also just happen to like the look a lot. So for now I'm quite content with my purchase. Of course there will be better things on the horizon but for me that's at least 6 years away.

The Cobalt is too close to the ms3 in performance and handling for me to declare it the better performer, just like the dyno-queen brick (caliber). And like someone already said, it's a little too early to talk numbers but overall, nice car!

Back