the Garrett GT2871R will bolt right on the MSP stock Manifold ?

Alejo_NIN said:
for all those non-believers...
you shoud def check his car out

it is insane...i drove it the day i totaled my car...what a thrill

Did it make you wanna get another msp and go the same route?

I can vouch for Mazdaspeed2oo35's ride..ive experienced this sitting in the passenger...if u really wanna see an MSp's potential, miguel's ride is it...keep it up homie, i got the camera to take vids, we gotta get 2gether and record this s*** for the non believers...holla

18 psi!

MIGUEL(boom06) .....your car is sick my nigga...i was trying to keep up with you yesterday but your car is something else kid....we have to get some video asap...and i cant even imagine how hard it will be pulling when you get the 3inch exhaust...Moroso, here we come!(first)

ha, funny...you raced!

but it is indeed a quick car
i could barely control all the torque steer!!

keep it up buddy

Sounds like fun. I believe 24 + psi on the stock turbo. Seen it done on sr20's so why not a MSP. Plus many people have already hit 17+. Anything is possible with a boost controler and or disconnected WG line.

Car sounds amazing, I can't wait to go to Manuels shop when I win the lottery. I assume your using Haltech?

Mazdaspeed2oo35 said:
Thanx to my Boy Alejo_NIN for putting together THIS FRANKESTEIN .. Amigo. how you saw and felt it on yesterday, Its Running like that because of the most Amazing Job ive seen on building an Forged Engine, for your dedication and the most important thing the Knowledge and time you putted in my car to make all this s*** come true. also thanx to SergMSP for your suppport and for holding last night your balls together in the back seat lol..... Youll my best friends.... lets get this s*** on video for non believers of what Real 250whp on stock turbo Spiking in every gear to 24.1 PSI its all about...

dude, i ain't no god

i'm glad i could help and i'm very proud of it
it is a beast, and i hope next time i have to do that it'll be on my car
coz mine is gonna kick more ass that yours!!

s***, can't wait to go forged!

anyways, thnx for trusting your car to me...i guess i do know one thing or two about cars...

yashart@work said:
24psi + second gear = no traction?
he has an electronic boost controller, so he doesn't spike to 24 right away, i guess that helps with traction, even tho in first u cna't really punch it cos it'll spin like crazy, we also just went thru one tranny and i really didn't feel like braking the second one :)
let him brake it himself

too bad i went srt-4 hunting yesterday with him for 20 mins and i couldn't find any....

good show my friend. i'd be interested to see some video of this car. beings that about where i'm trying to get w/ my pro...let me know.

Mazdaspeed2oo35 said:
Thanx Buddie, Hopefully Next Year when i save a little more money, I'll be putting serious numbers. GT2871R Turbo, Turbo Manifold,External 38mm Tial Wastegate, Bigger Intercooler, 3" Exhaust from J-pipe back, Build up Tranny from TBK Performance, 600HP Drive Shaft, Intercooler Spray, 750cc Injectors. TBK Has Said that we these mods we can put down 470whp with good tuning probably a little more.... but that's just a dream because now my car it's running insane... making all those crazy numbers mean loosing a daily driving car confort to a freaking drag racing protege. which i might consider not to go so crazy in HP numbers....
heh. sounds like you have a plan.

MOTOR:

JE PISTONS

PAUTER RODS

ARP HEAD STUD WITH 12 POINT NUT

ARP MAIN BEARING CAP STUD KIT

AWR FRONT & REAR MOTOR MOUNTS

STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED OIL LINES

TURBO & INTERCOOLER / PIPING:

T3 / T4 HYBRID TURBONETICS TURBO

TURBONETICS EVOLUTION WASTEGATE

HKS SSQ BLOW OFF VALVE

MAM Intercooler.

CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST MANIFOLD

EXHAUST & INTAKE:

CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL DOWNPIPE

CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL SHORT RAM AIR INTAKE

TRANSMISSION & AXLES:

LSD CAP IS WELDED SEE PICTURE.

RPS CLUTCH-----HOLDS UP TO 400 LBS OF PRESSURE. THIS RPS CLUTCH WAS $500.00 IT'S THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD TO HAVE. THE CLUTCH HOLDS MORE POWER THE HOTTER IT GETS AND WEARS AT A MUCH LOWER RATE THEN OTHER MATERIALS WHICH MAKES IT IDEAL FOR DRAG RACING AND HARD ROAD RACING AND HARD STREET RACINGAS WELL. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THAT THIS IS THE ONLY ONE EVER MADE FOR THIS MOTOR PLEASE CALL RPS AT 818-993-9174

FIDANZA FLYWHEEL

DRIVE SHAFT SHOP AXLES----- THE PROTGE 5 LEVEL 2 HAVE 30% LARGER CENTER MADE FROM 4340 CHROME MOLY THAT IS 4 TIMES STRONGER THEN THE VERY SMALL FACTORY AXLES THEN THEY HAVE NOT ONLY BIGGER IN SIZE BUT HAVE BEEN RE-HE TREATED ,TEMPERED AND DE-STRESSED THEN THEY HAVE SYNTHETIC GREASE, HIGER DUROMETER BOOTS TO TOP IT OFF WHAT THIS MEANS .TO YOU IS THE AXLES WILL HANDLE JUST ABOUT YOU MIGHT OUT THEM TO.THEY CAN HANDLE 400 HP.

custom 3" exhaust all the way back.

that's what i've got right now. plus i have an mpi tuner, and the Twiggy bumpsticks(upgraded cams) and cam gears coming...so mine'll be running this weekend hopefully w/ some luck/magic touch by kooldino..we'll see. it's not ran for over a year. jumped timing, destroyed old valves...anyways..we'll see.

sounds like you should put down more than 250whp judging by your mod list. hurry up n get that bigger turbo. go gt35r hah. lots of evo's n sti' run those, thatd be awesome to see a protege run one. altho it prolly wouldnt be as efficient as a gt28rs or a gt3037 like azian6er's setup. he seems to be one of the fastest proteges around. love his vids of destroying that srt.

hurry up n get some video of your car man. i wanna see that gauge spiking past the 20 mark.

Mazdaspeed2oo35 said:
Thanx Buddie, Hopefully Next Year when i save a little more money, I'll be putting serious numbers. GT2871R Turbo, Turbo Manifold,External 38mm Tial Wastegate, Bigger Intercooler, 3" Exhaust from J-pipe back, Build up Tranny from TBK Performance, 600HP Drive Shaft, Intercooler Spray, 750cc Injectors. TBK Has Said that we these mods we can put down 470whp with good tuning probably a little more.... but that's just a dream because now my car it's running insane... making all those crazy numbers mean loosing a daily driving car confort to a freaking drag racing protege. which i might consider not to go so crazy in HP numbers....

You are not going to be able to pull 470whp from that 2871r. If close to

500HP is your goal, get at least a 30R or a 35R will do it with no problem.

I WILL PUNCH MIGUEL IN THE FACE IF HE GOES 500WHP

coz, we would only be able to drive the car on the weekends at a track

not fun

mazdaspeed proteges should be daily driven to be enjoyable....is not as fun only drag racing

miguelito dawg..IMO i would get the gt28 and keep it stealthy kid...msp's are fun as hell and tell me it didnt suck to have it in the shop cuz the tranny got ****** up again? make it last kid

Mazdaspeed2oo35 said:
Sure. I'm Trying to setup a little get together with SergMSP, and Alejo_NIN in order to get them in the car with me with a camera and record that insane Boosting and Spiking pasing 20 PSI

nice....just curious, how much of the work did you do yourself. seems like alejo and tbk did most everything according to your posts and cardomain.

I still dont see the point of spiking 24psi. Maybe 18-19psi spike, and then hold your 17psi. That spike is prob hurting your performance more than you think its helping. And dont waste your money on intercooler spray.

And 400whp daily will not be possible with that 71r. Takes more work than you think. I would just go bigger.

Back