..........:::::The Discover A Band Thread:::::::::::..........

TreFlip999

Contributor
Potential Scammer!
:
2003 Yellow Beast
Alright heres the idea...Post one of your favorite bands or something that you suggest everyone should hear, then get on limewire and download it or do what you have to do to hear it...Also post your favorites or must downloads by the band....then the next person comments on the songs and the band and list's another band so on and so forth

Alright, my favorite band right now is called:

"The Scene Aesthetic"
204904982.jpg

They are a two-piece from my hometown seattle...Mostly acoustic but good chill music or if you just want to ponder the meaning of life or are sad about a girlfriend or something (no ****** emo jokes) Listen if you like JamisonParker, Dashboard Confessional, The Starting line
Anyways, they kick ass...
Must Downloads
1. "Dont be that note I cant hold"
2. "Yes, Even stars break"
3. "beauty and the breakdown"
4. "the alamo is no place for dancing"
5. " to the steadfast"

I just ended up buying the whole CD off Itunes cause i loved it..Lemme know what you guys think..now someone download, comment and post another band

There's so many little-known bands out there, it's hard to know where to start.

But I'll toss one out there.

A Wilhelm Scream. Good Post-Hardcore band from Massachusetts. Anything off their new album, Career Suicide is pretty good-sounding.

yeah i tried listening to The Scene Aesthetic
but its just not my type of music

also tried A Wilhelm Scream
it was alright but still not really my type

for my band to post i gotta say
Tomorrrows Bad
they sing like a mix of Reggae, Rock, Punk, Soul and Hip Hop
they came and sang at our county fair and i missed it so i started listening to it later when i found out it was popular and stuffs, at least in hawaii for awhile
i only found a couple of their songs on limewire so its probably easier to listen to their songs on myspace
http://myspace.com/tomorrowsbadseeds1
songs i would recommend are
love street and warrior poet

also right now im really into the band Within Temptation

Grieves, Irreversible

Local Seattle Hip hop artist, toured with Atmospere...check his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/grieves

The song on his site now is about his dad, and his influence on his life...

He's funkin badass....and a really cool guy to hang wit...

hehe i like the scene aesthetic xD well i do have some songs heh.

some bands i just started listening to:
lights out dancing (kinda reminds me of amber pacific at some parts and somewhat reminds me of boys like girls)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2938311

the perfect victim (pretty kool band. i cant find their album anywhere >< )
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=104626464

the wonder years (this band might become big. their lyrics are so creative. has a little screamo inside but their playing style reminds me of motion city soundtrack.btw if u get a chance, listen to i fell in love with a ninja master. classic)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=20466985

melody fall. (i just got into this band kinda recently. pop punk xD anywayz listen to tom, special guy<-about tom, the dude who made myspace lol..also listen to my last love letter)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=55798271

Wow great idea....i love music and i always try and find some new stuff...got over 40 gigs now!

anyway the The Scene Aesthetic is pretty good. i have been listening for them for years. Grieves, Irreversible is also pretty good! not my normal type of music but anything with a good beat and rhythm you cant say no to.

Here is one im sure not many have heard of...local band that is in the process of getting known.

We The Living

l_59f38ce7da43e9bdbbe73293aedcc3bf.jpg

They just released a new cd not too long ago that is pretty good called "Heights Of The Heavens"

MUST DOWNLOADS/LISTEN TO
"Half The Girl"
"London Rain"
"75 and 17"
"Borometers"

Myspace Page

Another that i currently cant stop playing that more have heard of is

MayDay Parade
l_09283c47737347507d43c0bbd42fba40.jpg

MUST DOWNLOADS/LISTEN TO
The entire album "A Lesson In Romantics" but specifically:
"Jamie All Over"
"I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About"
"If You Wanted a Song Written About You, All You Had to Do Was Ask"
"When I Get Home, You're So Dead"

basically them all...

Myspace Page

Thats all for now....will have many others some other time...

There's so many little-known bands out there, it's hard to know where to start.

But I'll toss one out there.

A Wilhelm Scream. Good Post-Hardcore band from Massachusetts. Anything off their new album, Career Suicide is pretty good-sounding.

Right up my alley, I like it, reminds me of the the blood brothers and poisen the well...Def. a good addition to my Ipod

yeah i tried listening to The Scene Aesthetic
but its just not my type of music

also tried A Wilhelm Scream
it was alright but still not really my type

for my band to post i gotta say
Tomorrrows Bad
they sing like a mix of Reggae, Rock, Punk, Soul and Hip Hop
they came and sang at our county fair and i missed it so i started listening to it later when i found out it was popular and stuffs, at least in hawaii for awhile
i only found a couple of their songs on limewire so its probably easier to listen to their songs on myspace
http://myspace.com/tomorrowsbadseeds1
songs i would recommend are
love street and warrior poet

also right now im really into the band Within Temptation
Not bad, Its good to hear something different once in awhile, Im very open minded about music, thanks for that....

Grieves, Irreversible

Local Seattle Hip hop artist, toured with Atmospere...check his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/grieves

The song on his site now is about his dad, and his influence on his life...

He's funkin badass....and a really cool guy to hang wit...
Ah, I Know of him...I saw him at the everett events center...Also another seattle hip hop artist "Birdie"...seattle has never been on the map for mainstream rap so it all being local makes it that much better

hehe i like the scene aesthetic xD well i do have some songs heh.

some bands i just started listening to:
lights out dancing (kinda reminds me of amber pacific at some parts and somewhat reminds me of boys like girls)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2938311

the perfect victim (pretty kool band. i cant find their album anywhere >< )
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=104626464

the wonder years (this band might become big. their lyrics are so creative. has a little screamo inside but their playing style reminds me of motion city soundtrack.btw if u get a chance, listen to i fell in love with a ninja master. classic)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=20466985

melody fall. (i just got into this band kinda recently. pop punk xD anywayz listen to tom, special guy<-about tom, the dude who made myspace lol..also listen to my last love letter)
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=55798271
Great bands, also up my alley...have you looked on the itunes store for the perfect victim album...i couldnt find wonder years on limewire...amber pacific, another great northwest favorite of mine...

Wow great idea....i love music and i always try and find some new stuff...got over 40 gigs now!

anyway the The Scene Aesthetic is pretty good. i have been listening for them for years. Grieves, Irreversible is also pretty good! not my normal type of music but anything with a good beat and rhythm you cant say no to.

Here is one im sure not many have heard of...local band that is in the process of getting known.

We The Living

l_59f38ce7da43e9bdbbe73293aedcc3bf.jpg

They just released a new cd not too long ago that is pretty good called "Heights Of The Heavens"

MUST DOWNLOADS/LISTEN TO
"Half The Girl"
"London Rain"
"75 and 17"
"Borometers"

Myspace Page

Another that i currently cant stop playing that more have heard of is

MayDay Parade
l_09283c47737347507d43c0bbd42fba40.jpg

MUST DOWNLOADS/LISTEN TO
The entire album "A Lesson In Romantics" but specifically:
"Jamie All Over"
"I'd Hate To Be You When People Find Out What This Song Is About"
"If You Wanted a Song Written About You, All You Had to Do Was Ask"
"When I Get Home, You're So Dead"

basically them all...

Myspace Page

Thats all for now....will have many others some other time...
MayDay parade..Ive heard of them and hadnt gotten around to listening...Thanks for reminding me, i got the album off the itunes store, its an awesome album!

"AT THE DRIVE IN"
or the two bands they broke up into

the more well known
"THE MARS VOLTA"
and
"SPARTA"

I love all three of these bands, kinda sound like unique underground rock/? idk how to describe them...but good

this isnt really a band, but if your into true lyrical rap (wordplay, double meanings, the kind of stuff that makes you go whoa... how did he come up with that?)

check out apathy.
myspace.com/apathy

some of his stuff is on youtube too like peoples homemade videos and all that.

his flow is awesome, he is a true lyricist, and some of his lyrics just blew me away.

if you like intelligent rap, lupe fiasco also has some good stuff.

band wise,
destroy the runner
the bled
the dear hunter (simply beautiful music)

ill have to compile a list, but on the seattle hip hop thing:

Blue Scholars are good. They are very chill and have a positive message. Their first album (with sagaba on it) is good.

I like his older stuff (apathy), his new album he kinda dumbed it down for the masses but its still way better than any radio junk. I went to see em live once with JMT, Esoteric, Lif and Virtuoso and he got boo'd off stage cause he was SOOO wasted and tried to freestyle. it was funny.

this isnt really a band, but if your into true lyrical rap (wordplay, double meanings, the kind of stuff that makes you go whoa... how did he come up with that?)

check out apathy.
myspace.com/apathy

his flow is awesome, he is a true lyricist, and some of his lyrics just blew me away.

band wise,
destroy the runner
the bled

Downloading some of this now, listening to The Scene Aesthetic. Not bad. A bit mundane, but not bad at all.

Stuff that floats my boat these days:
In the acoustic vein:
Dispatch - Bang Bang is a great place to start with them, the song "The General" is what got me interested in them. Listen to that song first, and tell me it's not awesome!
Mike Doughty - the singer/guitar player/song writer for Soul Coughing. His solo stuff is great. The Skittish and Rockity Roll EPs are great, Haughty Melodic is a bit more professional sounding.
The Mountain Goats - low-fi, super-intelligent, fun music.

Electronic, dance, hiphop, etc.
DJ Yoda The Amazing Adventures of DJ Yoda - I'm not completely sold on this guy, but he's pretty good, pretty cool stuff. The banjo vs. Turntable version of "Dueling Banjos" is worth the download! :D
Hextatic rewind

check out apathy.
myspace.com/apathy

band wise,
destroy the runner
the bled

im listening to destroy the runner right now lol. also Haste the day,All that remains,August burns red,As i lay dying, are also really good bands. Another band that is currently in my work playlist that was mentioned was The mars volta.

maybe these guys are pretty mainstream, but the last 2 bands ive found that I really like are "Anberlin" and "The Sleeping"

Back