The COMPLETE guide to installing HID's on your Mazda 3 (Part 1 & 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xenonage

The Other Tom said:
True, but sometimes it's hard to find OEM Xenons on a car that you want....you usually have to take other options, like auto tranny, leather, moonroof, etc, which are undesirable to some people. FWIW, I had a very hard time finding a car with the options I wanted. I was unable to find one with Xenons plus the other options I wanted, so I'll have to do aftermarket.

Good point... I just got seduced by the car I test drove... and knew I wanted extended warranties all over the place (the lament of owning a VW). I haven't missed the Xenon or ABS because I think the halogen lights are rather clear/bright and I haven't gotten the thing to lock tires yet (and I have tried...)

Perhaps I'll a-m Xenon when the warranties die and the polycarbonate lenses start etching up (whoop, there I go, expecting it to act German again)...

ok, I realize that this maybe a dumb ass question

But has anyone in Canada tried to get the Mazda lights from a US dealer and install them?

I can't imagine the $$$$$

ng3 said:
Did the initial post have any pictures?

They did, but they appear to have been taken down (were hosting on offtopic.com) ....

ExtremeMZ3: Could you update the link to the pics, or post them again? I'm really interested in seeing a shot from the driver's seat, against a wall or something, showing the light cutoff.

Thanks!
~Bart~

For those of you who are interested in fitting HID's, I found a retailer who lists the H7 kit for $299 USD. Their website is http://www.hidtech.com. I've written them an email today asking some questions - I'll post it when they reply.

According to the description, it comes with everything needed. The only piece possibly missing are "Non-conductive ballast enclosures" which can easily be had for less than 5 bucks from any electronic-parts shop - just get a generic ABS box or use Plasti-Dip. Those two suggestions are from http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/hl-hid-ballasts.htm (a LOT of other good reading there too!).

The kit they sell is $100 USD cheaper than the one from XenonDepot. XenonDepot's kit comes with Philips ballasts, which (as stated in link to article above) are the same as the Hella Gen-3 ballasts sold in the HIDtech's kit, and are interchangeable.

Worth checking out - while I would like to go with a forum sponsor, it's hard to ignore the $100 USD difference in price between HIDtech and XenonDepot.

Bart

Last edited:
Dammit, ExtremMz3, your pictures won't show up. I wanted to see that too. I was in the same situation as u guys: desperatley wanted OEM Xenon's, would have to shell out an extra 2 G's for the other crap i didn't want. Does anyone have detailed pictures of the Non-HID projectors with HID's in'em??? Please show the cut off pattern on the wall and street. That would really help, thanks. ;)

dammit.. want to see da pix..
after tinting HID is da second on the wish list.. (but i am broke..)
heard a rumour that philip will also pay for your tix if you ever get write up from the po po for da HID~ ?! true or myth..donno..
you can try to post your rid on www.sounddomain.com/ if u ever want to show ppl your ride~ peace out~

Pictures? We Don't Need No Stinking Pictures!

A lot of info, but your picture links are broken....

C-hatch said:
dammit.. want to see da pix..
after tinting HID is da second on the wish list.. (but i am broke..)
heard a rumour that philip will also pay for your tix if you ever get write up from the po po for da HID~ ?! true or myth..donno..
you can try to post your rid on www.sounddomain.com/ if u ever want to show ppl your ride~ peace out~

Yo whad up G-Dawg? What da dilly-yo?

Anyways....

False rumor.

i_cant_see_shit.jpg

umm looks like a great tutorial by all the comments but i cant see the pics!

help plz !
all i see is little white boxes with a small red x through it

EDIT : ok i read the page 3 comments. if there is a link for a reup of this tutorial plz send me it thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back