The airbags work!

AndrewSilverMP5

Contributor
The airbags work ...

I found out the hard way ... :(

A driver of a ford pick up, obviously not his most intelligent day, decided the best time to make a left turn on to the opposite side of the road I was driving on ... was right in front of me. :mad: :wtf:

The impact crushed the front half of my poor P5 ... the airbags deployed, and I think the collision between my chest and the airbag broke the steering column. At least, that's what the paramedics said when I was in the ambulance. I got out with lacerations due to the seatbelt on my shoulder and right hip and a busted lip ... not too bad, considering. I wish I could say the same about my P5 (sad1)

After I got out of the hospital, I went to the place where my car was towed ... The tech there took one look at it and said it's totalled.

I wish I had at least one more day with my P5 ... I have all these parts in the garage I had been planning to install tomorrow and more in the mail ... :(

I'll post pictures some time in the next few days ... and I'll be putting up a thread in the For Sale section with all the parts that I've bought ... and now can't use. Life sucks. (notcool)

On a happier note ... Happy Birthday to Enry and Sir Nuke. :)

Last edited:
I'm glad you're OK. If the car was totaled, you can put your parts on the NEW P5. :)

-Get Well Soon.

sorry to hear about that...it must suck when you planned to do the mods!

But look at the bright side, you get a new car out of it.
Were you thinking of another P5?

I don't know, honestly. I'll have to see what the insurance is going to give me for it ... though I hear that Subaru is running a 0% financing incentive, heh. Mazda isn't anymore ... :(

This comes at the worst timing ... I have finals next week, and in two weeks, I start 3 classes (summer sessions) Then there's work ... (argh) The best parts of my day are when I'm driving from one responsibility to another in my P5. I hope the rental car isn't a neon ... ugh.

******* ford trucks!!! i got rear ended by one back in december when my car was only 4500 miles old. $9300 in damages later and my car still doesn't feel right.

have fun with the wrx if you get it. those cars are sweet.

Hey man, I feel for ya. I got rear ended by a Ford Expedition when I had my '94 Honda Prelude. Shoved me into the truck stopped in front of me, totaled my poor car. :mad: But hey... that's why I ended up getting a P5. :D

Andrew, that really sucks, man :(

It sucks to see these things happen to good people (P5 owning people :D ), and really, what is up with all these P5s getting into accidents??:wtf:

Hope things go as hassle free as they possibly can in the near future, and I hope you get plenty of cash from insurance. Maybe another P5, maybe an MSP, or who knows, wait a little and get an RX-8 :cool:

Glad to hear you're ok, though :)

yea everyones getting into accidents. its sucks, but im glad youre ok...if you decide not to go with a p5 if your car is totaled let me buy those cams off you :)

damn man... I hate that s***... we try so hard to take care of our cars.. and crap like this happens.... I'm sorry man, but glad you're allright... keep us posted on your next car.

Andrew....I am glad to hear that you are okay.....even if your car isn't.....think of it this way....she gave her life for yours. Just like a ture friend.

I actually hope you get another P5....its obvious they are worthy.

and BTW...thank you.

Oh man.... I'm sorry to hear that. Are you okay? Sue that guy!!! Make him pay!

Since you're "20 potholes" away from me I think I can let you ride my car once in a while when you're sick of your rental.... :D

But once again I'm very happy to hear you are ok.

Sir Nuke said:
....think of it this way....she gave her life for yours. Just like a ture friend.

indeed... glad to hear you're okay as well .... now go honor the proud lady's memory by getting a new car worthy of her noble soul

Glad to hear you are still with us, in one piece. The rest is just crushed steel.

Have fun with the WRX if you get one.

Good luck on the finals too :D

Back